Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got experience or seen this jacket in person?
I love the minimalist design and it seems there are some convenient features:
  • No powder skirt, with a bib I don't feel the need to have one
  • Elastic wrist cuffs, easy to pull over gloves
  • 2 large zipped chest vents, more convenient then arm pit?
Thoughts?

Freebird Xpore Jacket

Coat Dress shirt Neck Sleeve Collar

· Registered
595 Posts
My brother had the gore 2l insulated plant. That's a bit different, but he is super worth it. Fit, quality, quality, details are really great. Not old enough to speak about durability. Also they look much better in person, because the fabric texture looks really good.

Blister review says the Xpore (made by Picture), is decent but it minblowing: great waterproofing (but not classic gore level), good breathability (way above classic gore, but way below air permeable membranes).

Looks a bit pricey to me, but durability is the key point here. If they least longer, why not?

Envoyé de mon H8324 en utilisant Tapatalk

· Registered
595 Posts
Haven't looked at blackcrows for shells, but the price seems to be in the ballpark of narrona, strafe, arc'teryx, 3L burton ak, patagonia, mountain hardwear, etc.

At that price point, I'd put an emphasis on durability, warranty, customer support, etc.
If you're in France at least, the customer support for the skis is really great.

Envoyé de mon H8324 en utilisant Tapatalk

· Registered
Burton Custom '21, Name Dropper '21, Nidecker Supermatic, Burton Genesis, Flow NX2, Adidas Acerra
114 Posts
Mmm... I feel like chest pit vents are not ideal. The nice thing abut underarm pit vents is that you sweat a lot there so it is great to have a breeze at the sides & your torso is still protected from the wind.

Front chest pit vents sounds basically the same as unzipping your jacket. don't really see the point. You'll lose wind protection & core warmth.

I do like the wrist pocket for a pass, super underrated feature.

· Registered
3,080 Posts
Mmm... I feel like chest pit vents are not ideal. The nice thing abut underarm pit vents is that you sweat a lot there so it is great to have a breeze at the sides & your torso is still protected from the wind.

Front chest pit vents sounds basically the same as unzipping your jacket. don't really see the point. You'll lose wind protection & core warmth.

I do like the wrist pocket for a pass, super underrated feature.
Yep exactly, pit zips allow flow through whilst riding to rapidly change temperatures on the move. Not a big fan of lighter coloured jackets as they will tend to show dirt much easier than darker hues. Most higher end outerwear has zip out powder skirts which allow both bases covered. Personally I'm a fan of lycra wrist gaiters which allow the selective ability to lock in heat from arm to glove. If this is not available I use the base layer feature to replicate the same. God they are monstrous chest pockets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts