Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any noticeable difference between these two boards? The board mapping on Arbor's web site has the Wasteland a little farther out to more mountain orientated. I am looking to get the Blacklist for all mountain and was curious to know what the Wasteland's deal was.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wasteland is built on Arbor's "mountain system" profile, kevlar/carbon reinforced tips and it's a d-twin rather than the Blacklist which is true twin. Blacklist utilizes the "park system" so a softer flex and also I think the tips are blunted a little bit.[/QUO

So basically, the Wasteland is bit more stiff? I have read that a lot of people still use the Blacklist all over the mountain. Any truth in that?

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
yeah, wasteland should run a tad stiffer.

blacklist is a pretty versatile board, I picked one up on sale back in February. If you are looking for a quiver killer you could do way worse than to choose the Blacklist. I go about 50/50 riding park/all-mountain. If you don't do any park riding, maybe the wasteland would be a better choice but that's just gonna depend on your personal preference for how stiff you want out of a board. The Blacklist is on the stiffer side of freestyle/park boards for sure, so it is pretty good at the "all mountain" stuff too.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Blacklist sounds perfect. I do just about the same riding as you do. Not much in to hitting rails, but I love to hit jumps all day long. Then take it down the hill as fast as possible.

I do a couple trips out West every year-how does it handle in the pow?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts