Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys I'm new here and just wanted to know everyone's opinion on purchasing a Blem snowboard. This would be my first snowboard purchase and I was looking at the GNU Antigravity C3 2020 board from Evo.

A little bit of a backstory, I've snowboarded about 5 times now and I have finally gotten down riding toe-side and heel-side as well as some switch and carving. I wanted to buy a board that I can grow into and that I could ride for at least 2-3 seasons and I came across the GNU Antigravity and I believe it is the best board for me.

So I was just wondering if you guys have had any experience with buying a new snowboard with a Blem condition from Evo or any other retailer. I've read some forum posts that some people can't tell at all where the blemish is at all. Should I just pony up another $40 and get a normal board or would I not be able to tell the difference with a Blem board?

I would love to hear any other advice or recommendations as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Do you know exactly what the blemish is, with this particular board? If it were a slight construction blemish, would you be rooting yourself out of any manufacturer warranty?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your comments! I have decided to go ahead and place an order with Evo. The board still has the manufacturer warranty and according to them a blemished board is only cosmetic. Thankfully Evo has a good return policy so if I don't like it I can exchange it for a non-blem board. I'll post the board on here when I receive it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After about a week of waiting, my board finally arrived! Honestly looking at it I can't tell at all if there were supposed to be blemishes on the top sheet cause it looks perfectly fine to me front and back.

HOWEVER, the only issue I see is that there is a knick and some scrapes on the top of my board and I don't know if that is what made it become a blem board or the knick and scrape occurred during shipping. When I went to retrieve the box, I noticed there was a slit and the top of my board was hanging out and touching the ground. So I have no idea if it got messed up during shipping or if it was like that.

Based on the pictures of the damage though has it affected my board in any way or will it be susceptible to splitting in the future? It looks pretty harmless and repairable to me but this is also my first board so I have no idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was standing the lift line and an old man tried to overtake me—literally jammed his ski pole onto my topsheet and used it as a leverage point to push himself forward. That'll teach me for trying to care for my snowboard.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I was standing the lift line and an old man tried to overtake me—literally jammed his ski pole onto my topsheet and used it as a leverage point to push himself forward. That'll teach me for trying to care for my snowboard.
That’s why I:
1. Always strap in just a few meters before getting on the chairlift.
2. Whenever I can take the lane most to the left (I’m goofy). This way there is no retard in front of me and my board. I can also always move the board under the barrier if I still manage to get into a sticky situation with a hyperactive moron behind me.

I’m buying too many boards that I want to resell after testing in a nice condition to allow spoilt brats, clumsy Jerries and rental I-don’t-care tards to damage them.

Works wonders.

Salomon Assassin (regular standing in the lift queue), day ~14 on snow:

Yes the Greats (with the procedure), day ~25 on snow :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice to see that you've got a tactic that works for you.

I try to practice wabi-sabi, so I'm cool with the superficial damage. Builds character. :)

·
Registered
834 Posts
I’ll take any superficial blemish. Short of giant neon dicks on a top sheet I don’t care. Actually fine, gimme the dick board too. I don’t tolerate structural issues though irks me to think I might not be getting the best out of a board due to someone else.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts