Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my board the other day and I have yet to use it (still factory sealed). It's a K2 Slayblade and is supposed to be a "flatline" board (no sort of camber - just flat). When I first got it and laid it on the ground, it was flat, but now it seems like it's got a rocker style to it. When I put one foot on the board, the other side is noticeable popping up. Is this a big problem?

·
Registered
36 Posts
So I just got my board the other day and I have yet to use it (still factory sealed). It's a K2 Slayblade and is supposed to be a "flatline" board (no sort of camber - just flat). When I first got it and laid it on the ground, it was flat, but now it seems like it's got a rocker style to it. When I put one foot on the board, the other side is noticeable popping up. Is this a big problem?
Your board is supposed to flex:p

B

·
0 Posts
So its still in the rapping and you are debating on returning it? How many mm or cm is it sticking up? I would think it isn't an issue but call K2 to feel 100% sure you are ok. When you un rap it let me know how does it ride on the hill?

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
You wont know if you like it till you ride it. There are so many variations of this rc garbage you might as well stick with one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i think its only flat camber between the bindings and then its rocker from there till tips. I was looking at this board myself for pow/jumps/butters. Let us know how it performs!!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Serious? Ofcourse one side will rise when you strap one foot in. Strap both feet in and let us know if it's flat then :rolleyes:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How did you resolve the issue? or did the weather resolve to stop you riding unti next year? :)
Well I noticed the issue while the board is still in its shrinkwrap. I laid it down when I first got it and it laid completely flat. The other day when I put it down, it wasn't laying completely flat like it was when I first got it. It somehow developed a bend from when I first received it. I owe that to the way I was storing it. I had it standing up on its tail, but now I keep it laying down. I have yet to ride it, but I want to really bad!

·
Registered
188 Posts
i don't think i have ever seen a board laying down in a shop. Some boards sit there all year and have no problems. if you board warps standing up on a wall, i would give it back because it sure aint going to take the beating your going to give it.
copied that from another thread and it makes sense to me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts