Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Board Help Please - Gnu Riders Choice

Hey guys,

I'd really appreciate some help on this topic because reading all the sales jargon has got me thoroughly confused.

About me: Ski'd since the age of 4 transitioned over to boarding a few years ago and took to it like a duck to water, haven't looked back, snowboarding through powder is the best feeling ever.

Height: 6ft5 Weight: 187lb (85kg) Feet: Size 12 US (11 UK)

I'm looking for a Hybrid wide board that will suit me for groomers (i prefer a stiffer flex) and do well in powder but not banish me from the park. I have been looking at the 160-164 ranges so far.

45% Groomer, 35% Powder, 20% Park (of which most will be jumps)

I have been looking at the Gnu Riders Choice with some interest as most of my reading lead me to believe that it would be a good all mountain/powder choice with a little bit of park capability but then i came across this Gnu Riders Choice Snowboard Review | The Good RideThe Good Ride and got all confused again! If anyone could advise me on the Gnu RC or some other good alternatives i'd really appreciate it

Whilst I understand there is a lot of love for NeverSummer on this forum I live in the UK and we are severely lacking in terms of distributors over here

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Never Summer Legacy - 159 £346.50 | Free UK Delivery | BBC MK

I got my SL from BBC they're a good outfit, not too far from London and near to the SNO!zone dome. I was caught between the SL and the Heritage thinking that the SL might not be up to going real fast. Well I tested that theory good in Chamonix this year. At 50mph+ I chickened out before the board did.

That said from what I read the Riders Choice is a very good board with a similar profile - maybe a little softer and less damp? I tried my mates TRS this year and liked it a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts