Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, looking for a board upgrade for this season. I've been riding an old Burton Clash for the past 5 years and it has seen better days.

I'm looking for an all mountain board, I rarely see the park and if it do its a few small kickers. I typically spend my time in the tree. I usually spend a week at Jay Peak in Vermont and get hit with some fresh pow so I'd like the board to be geared more toward a powder surfy feeling board. Theres also a good chance at spending a week out west also. I'll also still have the Burton to ride in the park/icey days.

Budget isn't too big of a concern, I'm most likely going to use my bindings from the Burton board if I can't swing new ones just yet. I'm 5'6'' 160lbs and wear a size 10 shoe. I'd prefer the board not to be too flashy, I really like the look of the Arbor Coda. Thanks for help!

·
Registered
848 Posts
The coda is a great board look at Yes- the greats, Salomon - time machine, Rome - mod rocker, and the NS - Proto.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whats everyone's opinions on the Attack Banana/ Metal Guru or something along the lines of the Custom Flying V or Process Flying V? Im feeling the process because the shop near me has one for sub 400$

·
Registered
27 Posts
Whats everyone's opinions on the Attack Banana/ Metal Guru or something along the lines of the Custom Flying V or Process Flying V? Im feeling the process because the shop near me has one for sub 400$
The 12/13 Process Flying V is 50% on sportchalet.com ($167)

Deal ends tonight though.

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
If this thing is gonna basically be for cruising, pow, and trees and you want a sufier feel why not stuff more like the Burton Baracuda or Juice Wagon, Salomon Powder Snake or Derby Snake, or a Lib La Nina.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Whats everyones take on the ride wild life? I can get one in a 155 for a really good deal at a shop nearby. They also have an arbor westmark around the same price. Or a rossignol angus/ one magtek in a 156. All these can be had for ~300$ only problem is it would be a blind purchase as no dealer around me carries them...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts