Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey never summer riders. I'm in the market for an SL, going to try to buy one in the offseason hoping it will be cheaper. I've been riding my friend's 2006 evo that's about 5-7 cms too short (I'm ~5'6" and about 130) for awhile and it's been working okay I suppose, but I'm not much of a park guy. I've been looking at boards that are around the 147-150 range, but I've heard that the SL rides like 3 cms longer than it actually is? If anyone can confirm, deny, or make suggestions that would be awesome.

·
Registered
222 Posts
147-150? That's crazy short if you're not looking for a park deck. Even if you were looking for a park deck, i wouldn't go any smaller than a 150 period; unless you're a featherweight. I'd consider 154-156 if you're not into the park.

·
With extra cheese.
1,750 Posts
I ride an Evo 150 and it's plenty playful enough for doing whatever you want. One thing you may want to consider, is if you downsize on a park stick it will suck in the park when jumps, landings and jibs get tracked up, especially in warm spring conditions which is one of the more fun times to ride IMO.

Seeing as you are lookinh for non park use, I would be even more cautious of downsizing.

I rode a 147 Draft and while you could link butters super easily on it, it was no fun because you got bucked around so much even just riding around the park. A bigger board has more mass and naturally will dampen out some of that noise.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey never summer riders. I'm in the market for an SL, going to try to buy one in the offseason hoping it will be cheaper. I've been riding my friend's 2006 evo that's about 5-7 cms too short (I'm ~5'6" and about 130) for awhile and it's been working okay I suppose, but I'm not much of a park guy. I've been looking at boards that are around the 147-150 range, but I've heard that the SL rides like 3 cms longer than it actually is? If anyone can confirm, deny, or make suggestions that would be awesome.
Im about the same size as you. I'd be really curious to know if a 151 sl would be ideal.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Im about the same size as you. I'd be really curious to know if a 151 sl would be ideal.
You guys are making me nervous if the 161 SL is gonna be big enough for my 230lb ass....
:unsure:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts