Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Looking to buy my first actual board. Bought a 1994 morrow off of craigslist last year but I'm ready to move up to some tougher slopes and a bookshelf isn't gonna cut it anymore.
-I'm a guy, 6'1" 175 lbs (the morrow is a 169cm)
-Looking for a board I can use for the next 5 or so years up past the advanced level.
-Kind of still figuring out my style but I would say I'm interested in an all mountain board that might be a little more on the stiff side because I do lean more towards downhill riding and less towards freestyle.
-I bought myself a pair of boots already (Vans Implants size 11)
-I'm thinking I'd do best with a directional twin board. I tend to avoid riding switch
-Probably a flat rocker type as well.
-2x4 hole pattern
-Looking to spend $300 (board only)

I know that's a lot to work with, but the main reason why I'm posting here is because I'm pretty clueless and I need some help picking an all around solid board. Thank you in advance for anybody who is willing to offer their thoughts!

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Hey Shaman, Like your screen name. Teonanacatl? ;-)

·
Premium Member
5,614 Posts
Hi Shaman,

Stoked that you are getting a new board! There have been some major changes since your '94 Morrow board was built and newer boards will feel unbelievably light to you. You are in for an amazing season.

A few more Q's. What areas you typically ride? Let's dial in your foot size. Using boot size leads to a lot of errors.

Please measure your foot using this method:

Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts