Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to buy a new board for next season, and have narrowed it down to the K2 fastplant and the K2 happy hour. Im looking for an all terrain board. I'll spend my days all over the mountain. My last board was the K2 WWW which I loved, but thought it was a little bit geared too much for park. It would often wash out when i was bombing groomed trails. However I dont want the board to be too stiff as I love jibbing and Buttering too. Any opinion from anybody who has used either of the boards would be great. :thumbsup:

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
I have the Fastplant, am 5"11 and weigh about 200lbs my Fastplant is a 154, it works extremely well in everything in powder, deep powder that is as i bought a smaller board as these run really well when smaller, so i would say if you want to include powder then think about size as running it small will not work so well but will still work...

WHat weight are you, height is not important, but the weight will make a difference when choosing and for exactly what you want...

Used this board for 2 seasons and am still amazed by the versatility of it, the top sheet is showing a bad case of wear, but i think that is the case with all K2 boards, the top sheet is not so durable as others, but that said, i don't care much for how it looks, more how it rides, anything that stands in lift queues is going to get battered... Just these seem to be more prone to it...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im about 5'6, 115 lbs, And i know the 151 is a bit of a stretch size wise, but my old board is done and im hoping to use this board for a couple seasons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts