Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im looking to buy a new board for next season since I out grew my old one. Im looking at The k2 Happy Hour, but i'm not sure about the size. I'm 15, 5'6, and about 105 lbs, (although I will probably be around 115 by next winter). Would the 151 be too big? I've read a few different things regarding size.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi, Im looking to buy a new board for next season since I out grew my old one. Im looking at The k2 Happy Hour, but i'm not sure about the size. I'm 15, 5'6, and about 105 lbs, (although I will probably be around 115 by next winter). Would the 151 be too big? I've read a few different things regarding size.
Well the size question is the age old question here. Search a bit and do more reading. But being the helpful old fucker I am...at 105# I think the 151 will ride the hell out of you. I know youre young and will gain as time goes on, but why fight the board now? Id put you in the lower 140 range. Maybe 140-145 tops. Buy used and sell when you outgrow it, but that will be a couple seasons.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, now im thinking of just staying with my 139 board for one more season. Just until recently I thought the biggest factor in board size was height, and I thought my board was getting pretty small, but based on my weight it sounds like it'll work fine for one more season since its in pretty good shape.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Thanks, now im thinking of just staying with my 139 board for one more season. Just until recently I thought the biggest factor in board size was height, and I thought my board was getting pretty small, but based on my weight it sounds like it'll work fine for one more season since its in pretty good shape.
Yup...board has no idea how tall you are. It know what you weight though

1 - 4 of 4 Posts