Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After snowboarding for 2 years (plus a break last year due to injury), my 3 other family members have finally decided they would like to snowboard along with me. Great for family time, bad for bar visits between runs :(

Anyways, I could use some assistant with boards/size recommendations. My son is 12, but weighs 120, size 9.5/10 boot and about 5'6". My wife weighs (don't tell her I told you) 150, size 9 women's boot and about 5'5". My daughter already taken care of.

I had a cheap, but new in plastic 156cm 24/7 woman's board that I gave to my son to use until we decide to buy another (can't tell that is a woman's board). I'm wonder if this is too long for my wife to learn on or better for my son to keep and learn on... or neither.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
That's a little bit to long for the wife based upon her weight, but if you got it, you got it....

Have her ride that and buy your son a grom board

Put the wife on the board you already own and buy the son a new one, you'll save money and everyone is taken care of

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, since both are just starting out... probably just groomed runs. My son may want to do the park along with me after he gets a little more exp.

Based on my son's weight, I thought a 143 to 149 board might be good (all-mountain or freestyle). But those boards usually have a very tiny waist. He's got size 9.5/10 boots and is growing fast.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
If you chop off his toes now, he will learn to walk and he'll thank you later for being able to find shoes easier

1 - 7 of 7 Posts