Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of anyone that splits boards and mounts hardware in BC or AB? I know there are a few close by in the states, but I would really like to avoid shipping to the states :dunno:

·
Registered
545 Posts
theres a guy in rossland that used to do it for $15 a board.. he was at the hardware store but that closed down and sold over the summer. ill look into how you can contact him and let you know because im sure he'd still be bangin around somewhere in town.

EDIT: he doesnt mount hardware or anything for you, he just splits it. been doing it for some ridiculous amount of years and knows exactly whats hes doing, has a jig and everything set up

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theres a guy in rossland that used to do it for $15 a board.. he was at the hardware store but that closed down and sold over the summer. ill look into how you can contact him and let you know because im sure he'd still be bangin around somewhere in town.

EDIT: he doesnt mount hardware or anything for you, he just splits it. been doing it for some ridiculous amount of years and knows exactly whats hes doing, has a jig and everything set up
That would be awesome man! I would like to find someone that does it front to back, but Rossland is super close and the cutting is the part that is scaring the shit out of me.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
Don't be scared to cut your board. As long as it is reasonably centered and the cut is reasonbly straight you'll be fine. The halves will match even if you cut a wavy line down the middle. All you need is a template, a drill and a screw driver for setting up the hardware.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I reason I am I looking for some to do it is I dont exactly have easy access to all the right tools to do it. And I would have to buy the right blade etc. I am going to ride the board most the season in the pow and split it late season so I have lots of time still.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
You can probably find someone with a skill saw. The blade to do it is not that expensive. I know guys in the states are generally charging between $200-$300 to do a split for you.

I'd say try to find some one you know who has some tools you can use for a couple of hours tops.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
You can probably find someone with a skill saw. The blade to do it is not that expensive. I know guys in the states are generally charging between $200-$300 to do a split for you.

I'd say try to find some one you know who has some tools you can use for a couple of hours tops.
Plus you should be spending the dough on the new magneto bindings! Or get someone's used set up on splitboard.com and you'll usually get the whole package deal. Saw a Rome white room with skins for $400 yesterday.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Plus you should be spending the dough on the new magneto bindings! Or get someone's used set up on splitboard.com and you'll usually get the whole package deal. Saw a Rome white room with skins for $400 yesterday.
Your math is a little off.... its $800

My bad found the other one for 400... there is a compete whiteroom for 800.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Your math is a little off.... its $800

My bad found the other one for 400... there is a compete whiteroom for 800.
Tune shop in Banff does it. They can also do it with an inside metal edge. Not sure how the numbers come out. I did mine myself. There are good vids on youtube. Mine is good for side country and the three or four days a season I use it. Would not trust a DIY one deep in the back country IMO.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tune shop in Banff does it. They can also do it with an inside metal edge. Not sure how the numbers come out. I did mine myself. There are good vids on youtube. Mine is good for side country and the three or four days a season I use it. Would not trust a DIY one deep in the back country IMO.
Hey thanks a lot man! I'll hit them up and see what they can do for me. I won't be taking it to anything super gnarly as I am just starting the back country thing. So I figure a DIY with a board I already own would be a decent way to start.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So The Tune Shop wants $400 to split and install, no hardware. So $400 spilt, $150 Voilie kit, $150 for skins, aka $700 and still the cost on my board.... that pretty much = lololololol if you ask me. If I just watch I'll find a factory complete for less than that by end of the season. Any ways I am still on the hunt for someone who offers a reasonable service. Or maybe I'll do most the work and just have them install the inside edge....:blink:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
So The Tune Shop wants $400 to split and install, no hardware. So $400 spilt, $150 Voilie kit, $150 for skins, aka $700 and still the cost on my board.... that pretty much = lololololol if you ask me. If I just watch I'll find a factory complete for less than that by end of the season. Any ways I am still on the hunt for someone who offers a reasonable service. Or maybe I'll do most the work and just have them install the inside edge....:blink:

Waaaaaaaaaayyyy too much.

Keep an eye on Kijiji. A mate bought his in Calgary for $600 all in. It was a nice Jones model I think. Had all the gear and had only been ridden like ten times.

There are some there now but the prices are high. To be expected for this time of the year. - http://alberta.kijiji.ca/f-splitboard-Classifieds-W0QQKeywordZsplitboardQQisProvinceSearchZtrueQQisSearchFormZtrue

1 - 16 of 16 Posts