Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would the K2 Playback be a good choice for me?
Playback Snowboard | Snowboards | K2 Snowboarding 2013-2014

I've been riding for 3 years. I have all the basics down and i can ride most hills without problems. I might try the terrain park this season. Never done powder and dont have the chance to do so anytime soon.

Also im 165 cm, and way 130 lbs what size should i get?

·
Registered
884 Posts
nothing wrong with it. probably a 148

·
Registered
4 Posts
riders choice or TRS

Im looking for a new snowboard for between 550-600.

Im an advanced rider that doesn't like rails, but wants to be able to do them.

I rode a DH2.4 that snapped. I loved the Hybrid pro rise camber for my mountain.

There is sometimes lots of Pow so i like to have rocker for that, but still be able to charge and jump. I still love to butter so i don't want a super stiff board.

im 5'11 185lbs

Im leaning to a couple boards out of a selection i created. Please advice me as to what i need. I ride mostly Gem Lake chair at Big White resort, BC.

Gnu Riders Choice 157

Lib tech TRS/skunk ape 157

or proto hd, machete gt, t.rice, a capita, or Rome Mod/agent rocker,

I ride:
Groomers 30%
Pow-30%
Jumps-20%
rails-boxes - 10%
Icey conditions- 10%

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

·
Registered
884 Posts
you shouldn't jack other people's threads

get two boards

·
Registered
378 Posts
I broke a ns premier f1 last season on a green groomer, no jump. Should I avoid snow?

Shit happens. Stuff breaks. Doesn't happen often.

Ride it like you stole it, worry about it breaking if (small if) it breaks.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Usually people who break boards are big dudes. You shouldnt have that problem. However, you can still damage the sides of the board by banging it off of stuff. But that can happen with any board.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Would the K2 Playback be a good choice for me?
Playback Snowboard | Snowboards | K2 Snowboarding 2013-2014

I've been riding for 3 years. I have all the basics down and i can ride most hills without problems. I might try the terrain park this season. Never done powder and dont have the chance to do so anytime soon.

Also im 165 cm, and way 130 lbs what size should i get?
I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with the board, but I'm just not so sure it's what you should be looking at. It's basically a techless Weapon, a jib board. You'd be better off searching for last years Raygun or even shelling out for this years. 150-153 is also a much better size range.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My mother asked me "why do you want a new board your board isnt broken". Its a 2011 Sims board. So if im looking to upgrade i should buy at a higher price? Whats the difference between the playback and the raygun?

·
Registered
884 Posts
if money is a problem these guys actually make a decent board https://www.blanksnowboards.com/

My brother in law rides a 151 reverse camber all the time; its his favorite board. I have ridden it even though it is too small for me. Its a fun board, medium soft flex, medium pop, not very damp, easy to ride, pretty durable. He rides all over the mountain with it.

$200 plus shipping is tough to beat unless you can find a good deal on last years models or a nice used board.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts