Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been on a Burton Supermodel since 2008, and its time to look for something new. Ive loved the Supermodel every single ride - fast, smooth, very stable, great on everything - I ride pow, trees, some groomers, very little park jumping. Aggressive intermediate rider.

Any suggestions on something similar? Im not going to be updating my 2008 P1 bindings, so the Burton ICS stuff is out ... right? (I dont keep up with gear these days ...)

Thanks!

·
Banned
1,314 Posts
There are very few options that are "similar" and this is one of my favorite boards of all time, I own two. The Supermodel has 10mm of taper, a small amount of taper for sure, but it loosens up the board and sidecut for a surfy ride. It also is full camber, which might be why they added taper to loosen it up.

The only other board I know of with that profile is a Winterstick Tom Burt Model.

As for suggestions, the Burton Sherlock is IMO, the best resort/slackcountry board made. The wicked sidecut makes it really fun in the trees, and the flying V rocker is rad for everything, high speed and beyond. Your P1 bindings will work, just call Burton to get the adapter disk. Burton Custom Flying V is also sick IMO.

Capita BSOD, if you can stomach the graphics, is a great all mountain board IMO, I have a old cambered one that is amazing.

On the really deep pow days, I use a Never Summer Summit, another amazing board........

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
You will hate flying V if you like the supermodel with its full camber.
I would look at something like this, I think you will like it.

Jamie Lynn Phoenix Classic Series – Lib Tech

Similar sidecut radius to the supermodel, camber with a touch of rocker between the feet (you will love it) Only available in a 160 though so I dont know how that suits you.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I ride a 172 supermodel so I know exactly why you like it so much :thumbsup:

PS nice avatar!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts