Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I'm new here:)

I am looking to buy a board for my boyfriend for his upcoming birthday. I am a skiier so dont have a ton of snowboarding knowledge. His current board is wayyy too small for him. He is 6'8, 210 lbs, and wears a size 14/15 boot.

He doesn't do much of the park. But he is a very good/expert boarder. I am looking for something that I can buy online (rural town) and that isn't crazy expensive (300-500). I am hoping to get a last years model maybe.

I was thinking the 169 cm custom flying v (wide) but am looking for more suggestions. Do you think this would be the right size for him??

·
Registered
730 Posts
Welcome!

I few other details might be helpful, but you are definitely on the right track with the WIDE snowboard...with such large sasquatch feet, the board should be a wide, not a mid-wide or regular. Where do you guys ride? Spend any time in the trees? Powder or groomers? Just like skis there are many different profiles (camber, camber+rocker, rocker)

Personally I would go for a Ride. They make great boards for large people. Have camber to keep you locked in, and rocker in the nose to float in deeper snow.

Ride Highlife UL 168W, Ride Highlife UL Wide Snowboard 2013 | evo
Ride Berzerker 165W/168W, http://www.departmentofgoods.com/ride-berzerker-snowboard-wide

Here are some other good choices at prices you are after, good luck hunting. Keep in mind he would most likely be ok with something as small as a 164W.

K2 Turbo Dream 167W, K2 Turbo Dream Wide Snowboard 2013 | evo
Lib-Tech Dark Series 164W Lib Tech Dark Series C2BTX Wide Snowboard - Blem 2013 | evo
Lib-Tech Skunk Ape 169W, Lib Technologies Skunk Ape C2-BTX Snowboard - Wide | Dogfunk.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into those. He boards at Mt. Cain on Vancouver Island- big powder. He definitely spends some time in trees.

Sucks that so many websites won't ship to Canada.

Welcome!

I few other details might be helpful, but you are definitely on the right track with the WIDE snowboard...with such large sasquatch feet, the board should be a wide, not a mid-wide or regular. Where do you guys ride? Spend any time in the trees? Powder or groomers? Just like skis there are many different profiles (camber, camber+rocker, rocker)

Personally I would go for a Ride. They make great boards for large people. Have camber to keep you locked in, and rocker in the nose to float in deeper snow.

Ride Highlife UL 168W, Ride Highlife UL Wide Snowboard 2013 | evo
Ride Berzerker 165W/168W, Ride Berzerker Snowboard - Wide from Departmentofgoods.com

Here are some other good choices at prices you are after, good luck hunting. Keep in mind he would most likely be ok with something as small as a 164W.

K2 Turbo Dream 167W, K2 Turbo Dream Wide Snowboard 2013 | evo
Lib-Tech Dark Series 164W Lib Tech Dark Series C2BTX Wide Snowboard - Blem 2013 | evo
Lib-Tech Skunk Ape 169W, Lib Technologies Skunk Ape C2-BTX Snowboard - Wide | Dogfunk.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts