Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to giving maintenance to my own board. I was wondering if people put on a new coat of wax to protect the base whenever their board doesn’t get used for awhile? Is that even a thing?

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I’m new to giving maintenance to my own board. I was wondering if people put on a new coat of wax to protect the base whenever their board doesn’t get used for awhile? Is that even a thing?
You can use any snowboard/ski wax for storage. Just apply liberally.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Honestly, I almost always wax the same wether for the next day, a week or the summer, so that it's always ready to ride. Clean your base and do those long pass to get the wax deep into the base. Just cover the edges (which I always do). You don't need that much more wax for the summer. I know some people just want a protective coat in the summer and then unwax/rewax at the begining of season and some will tell you that 6 month old wax isn't good. Just scrap it and ride, you probably won't notice the difference.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I also wax the inserts so they don’t gather dust, spray a protective nano layer on the whole board, wrap it in vegan biodegradable plastic, and ship the boards to a french wine cellar for storage.

Off season wax:

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Honestly, I almost always wax the same wether for the next day, a week or the summer, so that it's always ready to ride. Clean your base and do those long pass to get the wax deep into the base. Just cover the edges (which I always do). You don't need that much more wax for the summer. I know some people just want a protective coat in the summer and then unwax/rewax at the begining of season and some will tell you that 6 month old wax isn't good. Just scrap it and ride, you probably won't notice the difference.
Nailed it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts