Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Scorching the Slopes
2,135 Posts
Yah, saw this a few days ago, I think on Angry's website.

I understand creating something to meet a need/solve a problem, but where is the need here?
First day of lessons you are taught to control your edges by sideslipping.

Clearly, the answer to an unasked question.
Sigh.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Is this a joke. The only moron that's going to buy into this is the asshole who will be most hindered by it being there in the first place.

Snowboarding is hard enough for people to figure out as it is. So lets add another level of difficulty?

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Now if they make a wheel that sticks through the bottom with an engine we could board back up the hill too!!! Look out! Im going to be Rich!!!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
This is so fucking stupid. This will hinder progress rather than help it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
That'll really help you lock onto rails.

How would someone not get laughed off the mountain with this silly device? That 'instructor' just lost all his credibility.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I wonder how many resort around the world would allow this. Groomers will be f****d in half an hour :laugh:

This will only make it harder with one more thing you have to think of..

I was thinking the same if you pulled it on a 50-50..

/Snoopy

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Why did he lose cred? He surely got $$$$ for saying that. I say kudos.

For all we know, it is the owner of the company in an instructor coat.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
What is with all the gimmicks these days? Why can't we have more companies dedicated to making good boards, without gimmicks, with good tech (carbon fibre, kevlar, quadraxial FG, rubber, etc.)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Such bullshit... I don't get why people are so scared of falling. It's part of the sport, if you don't like it, go watch tv or some crap or just never progress. I learned snowboarding with 3 days straight on the mountain (with lessons, though) and by the end of my 3 days I was very comfortably linking turns. On all the greens. Yeah, my tailbone was so fucking bruised I could barely sit down, but I was happier than I've ever been in my life :dunno:

Some people seriously need to man up. If all else fails, a butt pad will help (or at least give you confidence to some degree).

Oh and we'll have trenches on trails, like everybody else said, and we'll also have a bunch of beginners going straight down greens with no clue how to sideslip, link turns, etc.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
such bullshit... I don't get why people are so scared of falling. It's part of the sport, if you don't like it, go watch tv or some crap or just never progress. I learned snowboarding with 3 days straight on the mountain (with lessons, though) and by the end of my 3 days i was very comfortably linking turns. On all the greens. Yeah, my tailbone was so fucking bruised i could barely sit down, but i was happier than i've ever been in my life :dunno:

Some people seriously need to man up. If all else fails, a butt pad will help (or at least give you confidence to some degree).

Oh and we'll have trenches on trails, like everybody else said, and we'll also have a bunch of beginners going straight down greens with no clue how to sideslip, link turns, etc.
seriuosly!!!! [email protected]!!!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts