Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone tried them??? They have good looking freeride board like a swallow tail or a chugah!!!
In Europe they are impossible to find
Thanks

·
Registered
947 Posts
Interesting. I feel the need to buy every snowboard they offer. The swallow tail looks kool, the second swallow tail looks fun, the big mtn board looks nice, and the twin looks nice. damn.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
I like the quadraxial FG and some CF layers in there. Not many board companies do that (most use bi or tri axial FG, and only carbon strands :thumbsdown:).

I also like the longer sidecut radius of the Chugach, unfortunately I think a big mountain board should have some taper, and I think long noses are useless unless you're riding 2+ feet of powder on a regular basis. Even then by big square blunt nose will probably have more float than a thinner waterski style nose!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found the boards on the web (saltypeaks) but with a price 200$ higher that the price on Boardkor website. I sended a email to Boardkor but They are not answering!!!!!!!
Are they alive to crisis??? Gone???

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No more 200$ but "only " $90 more

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you mean?? For me??

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Sorry that could be some aussie slang Im not sure. Salty peaks charge top dollar even on old stock

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But is it legal??? You can put in the web a price higher than the real price???

·
Registered
947 Posts
Cant tell if serious.

Your website, your shop, your price. whether people buy it its their thing. Go buy a burton custom from 2012 and try to sell it for 600 dollars, then see if peeps still buy it.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
MSRP means manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price. A retailer can generally charge as much as they want, but who would buy from them?

Allboardsports in CO wants $1800 for a Virus I can get directly from the builder for about $1500 (less if I bargain with him!).

The exception to this rule is that some manufacturers won't let retailers put gear on sale for more than a certain percent. That's why in Canada all Burton gear is 20% off now, and will go cheaper shortly.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Many thanks for explanation!!!!! Boardkor still not answering

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Someone knows where i can find Boardkor with normal price???

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You're right!!!

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
The other thing is, you're already closer to a lot better board builders than we have in North America. By the time you pay shipping and duty, you'd probably be able to buy a German or Swiss board for nearly the same price.

You can get this board for 750 - 800 euro depending on size (including VAT). If you e-mail the company I guarantee someone will answer you (and chances are it'll be the owner/builder himself).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Give me some name!! Pogo, boheme, swell panik, what else??

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
For Boardkor a good friend will be in bc next two weeks and I asked them for a end season price maybe for 2 boards but.........no answers!!!!!

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Give me some name!! Pogo, boheme, swell panik, what else??
Actually the big names I was thinking were: but these will be more expensive. The Virus Avalanche and Swoard Dual are probably the cheapest.

Kessler (The Ride) Kessler Ski & Snowboards <--- they have dealers in Italy, check the dealers page

Virus (Avalanche Series) virus

Oxess (Freeride) Freeride

Swoard (Dual) Swoard.com - SWOARD snowboards

Edit: Another two I'd look at would be Nidecker and Volkl. Volkl has some interesting boards at a good price point. Assuming you're looking for a freeride/big mountain board.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts