Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone: I just got my REI annual dividend back, and REI has a 20% sale on all items, so I am looking to upgrade my board. I don't have a huge budget. My current setup is a Salomon 160 Prospect w/ Flow Trilogy bindings. I will probably just move the bindings to whatever new board I get. I would like to get an all-mountain board that will see most of its time carving groomers and steeps on SoCal resorts, but also do reasonably well on the occasional chance I get to ride powder on business trips to CO. I don't do any park. The Salomon board I have is what I learned on but it seems to not do so well at higher speeds (chatter). So I guess what I'm looking for is something that will be stiffer than what I currently have but still within budget; performance under icy conditions is also a plus, because what with my work schedule I will try to get in more night riding. Here's what REI has that's in my budget:

Ride Antic: $269
K2 Raygun: $251
Arbor Cascade: $322
GNU Carbon Credit: $264
GNU Rider's Choice $364 (borderline within my budget)

thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Raygun or riders. My first board was a riders choice and still ride it once in while lots of pop and very stable.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, it makes sense you guys would all pick the most expensive one ;-)

OK, let me re-phrase: if I took the Rider's Choice out due to monetary concerns, what would be your second choice?

·
Registered
57 Posts
20% is not that big of a saving you should look around in your local shop, i bought my raygun at 40%.
Raygun is already 30% off at REI. He was operating under the impression that he'd get another 20% off so ~44% total savings but I agree there are similar deals to be found if you look around.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
took the advice for shopping around, and glad I did. Found the Rossignol Angus 159 for $199 at Altrec.com, and pulled the trigger. I might even get it in time for riding this coming weekend, if the snow doesn't all melt by then...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
510 Posts
took the advice for shopping around, and glad I did. Found the Rossignol Angus 159 for $199 at Altrec.com, and pulled the trigger. I might even get it in time for riding this coming weekend, if the snow doesn't all melt by then...:thumbsup:
Really good board. Great deal. :thumbsup::thumbsup:... you'll be really happy with your choice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts