Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,611 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
^^^^ You'll know they're good if the boots they fit for you fit well.....

Granted I got lucky ordering my 32's, but I really didn't have a choice other than to get them online and go with the ones people with my kind of foot liked.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^^ You'll know they're good if the boots they fit for you fit well.....

Granted I got lucky ordering my 32's, but I really didn't have a choice other than to get them online and go with the ones people with my kind of foot liked.
Yea I bought my current boots online, they feel great until about 1.5 days on them, then starts the numbness/pain. Done with ordering boots online, my problem is that I live a long way from the Mts and question the boot retailers in my town. Thus the reason for this post.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm in the same boat; live in NYC and there's not really an abundance of knowledgeable snowboarders working retail. I just got Burton Imperials on sale online and am hoping they fit well when they get here. Unfortunately that's probably my best option until my next trip to the Rockies. I would say go to a store and just try on as many boots as possible but since the season is over they probably don't have a ton in stock. In that case I would wait until you take a trip somewhere with good gear shops if you don't want to risk ordering online.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I'm in the same boat; live in NYC and there's not really an abundance of knowledgeable snowboarders working retail. I just got Burton Imperials on sale online and am hoping they fit well when they get here. Unfortunately that's probably my best option until my next trip to the Rockies. I would say go to a store and just try on as many boots as possible but since the season is over they probably don't have a ton in stock. In that case I would wait until you take a trip somewhere with good gear shops if you don't want to risk ordering online.
you have it easy compared to dcflw. One of the top bootfitters in the country is on 53rd and Madison.

U.S. Orthotic Center, Jeffrey Rich, Pedorthist

whom... is one of the gurus behind America's Best | America's Best Bootfitters

Some of the best bootfitters don't sell boots in the first place.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks, that's great to know. If they don't sell boots though, do I bring in the boots I have or do I go for an exam first and they recommend which boots to buy?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Thanks, that's great to know. If they don't sell boots though, do I bring in the boots I have or do I go for an exam first and they recommend which boots to buy?
depends, are you buying new boots?

If no.... then bring in your boots with the initial consultation.

the good bootfitters, especially when you need new custom insoles, aren't cheap.

There's a good bootfitter in Hunter Mountain also.

·
Registered
117 Posts
depends, are you buying new boots?

If no.... then bring in your boots with the initial consultation.

the good bootfitters, especially when you need new custom insoles, aren't cheap.

There's a good bootfitter in Hunter Mountain also.
What do I do If I'm looking to buy new boots?

Burton why is it a crock of shit? (genuine question, since I've been looking for a boot that fits my foot right for 2 years)

·
Registered
898 Posts

Burton why is it a crock of shit? (genuine question, since I've been looking for a boot that fits my foot right for 2 years)
I'd give Jeff Rich a call and ask him ahead of time of the course of action as well as costs associated

·
Registered
12,611 Posts

It's a title that shops/fitters pay 500 dollars for so they can be prestigious. The best fitters that I've ever worked with are more self taught through trial and error or spent the time to take the appropriate classes and don't need to have a title to say they're the best. I was a fitter for 10 years and the biggest thing with finding a good fitter is feeling confident in their skills and asking tons of questions, the more questions the better actually.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts