Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've rode with burton motos 2010 for the last 2 years (only 3weeks boarding though)
They were a bit of an impulse buy when I first started as I didn't fancy hiring boots and gathered any new boots that were my own are better than a set of hired boots.
But anyways I noticed last year that I got a hell of a lot of heel lift and it was really bugging me and I'm just wondering if that's because the motos are soft? Will I get heel lift in all soft boots or should I go for a mid flex boot?

I ride all mountain freestyle and I'm hoping to hit the park a bit more this year.

I know with boots it's all about comfort for the idividual and I'm off to the London ski snowboard show in 2 weeks and I'm gonna try every pair of boots they have in my size lol so my main question is if you get a lot of heel lift in soft boots?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
When you say you've tried on every boot in your size are you referring to your everyday shoe size, or to boots that fit your foot snugly regardless of actual size. If it's the former you're doing it wrong. In general you buy a boot slightly to small, because it will pack out and create additional space. Some boots pack more than others.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't yet tried any boots, hopefully speak to someone who knows boots at the ski/snowboard show in 2 weeks.
My normal shoe size is 8/8.5 uk but my burton Motos were a uk9 as the bloke I spoke to at the shop said you usually get a size bigger? I hadn't been snowboarding before knew nothing about the sport or the equipment and took the blokes word for it they seemed comfortable so I got them but my last week I could nearly tiptoe inside my boot even with them at the tightest I could get them without cutting my blood circulation off haha, so I knew they weren't right which is why new boots are my priority this year and I wanna get it right this time as I spent a lot of time adjusting my boots last year just to get comfortable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts