Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as a size 12 with a boot with footprint reduction (i.e. makes it the boot the size of an 11) i was looking at the gnu billy goat and noticed that it is extraordinarily narrow

whats a good rule of thumb for me in terms of waist width that will prevent toedrag?

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
as a size 12 with a boot with footprint reduction (i.e. makes it the boot the size of an 11) i was looking at the gnu billy goat and noticed that it is extraordinarily narrow

whats a good rule of thumb for me in terms of waist width that will prevent toedrag?
RTFF or use the search function - has been discussed countless times (here, for instance) that waist width is not the key variable for this.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts

I'm a 10.5 and ride boards with waist widths from 24.8 to 25.5. The narrower you go the quicker the edge to edge transfer and more precise your riding will be. The wider you go the more float you'll have in soft, deep snow. Consider your riding style and the conditions you'll be in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts