Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

Finally decided to measure my feet properly.
It seems my right foot (the longest) is 27.7 long and 10.7 wide, so would be a 10US.
I am wearing Adidas Acerra in size 11.
If I recall correctly, at the time I tried the 10 and did felt too tight lenght wise and they did not have a 10.5.
I have not found the information in term of width size for the model.
I have read @Wiredsport advising so many people and I can only assume he definitely knows what he is talking about.
Thing is I have never felt as great in boots, mine, rentals, or ski boots when I was a kid. There is definitely extra space in the toe box both lenght and width-wise but only really minimal heel lift after about 30 days riding (about 8 fairly intense splitboarding days).
I can only guess that my big calf being extremely tight in the stiff (and slim so not much to pack) liner keep me in check.
I would like to try out the 10.5 but will probably have to wait next year to buy.

Any chance I am an edge case with the size of my calf and I might be wearing the right boots for me? Or I am definitely missing the point?
Edit: I believe I also have a fairly high arch which makes me lose blood circulation quickly in Burtons by example.

Also, I am about to buy a new board. I think I tend to like wide board but in the case I would downsize 1 size in boots, would it change the feel a lot in term of stiffness? I am a fairly advanced rider so I am not overly concerned about riding downhill but more in term of the width making a lot stiffer and less playful than the regular size. Quite a few guys complain about wide board feeling planky.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
49 Posts
So much response is lost with boots fitting the way you describe. Smaller boots will affect torsional flex, but I think you'd still be better off than where you are now. You can fit your current boots better with some fitting work. Check out Angrysnowboarder's bootfitting 101.

Fitting your calf right is part of boot fit. It sucks trying on a bunch of boots, but I bet you could find something that could be molded around your tree trunks.

Some bindings are better at getting toe/heel response than others. Maybe offset smaller boots with more responsive bindings.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So much response is lost with boots fitting the way you describe. Smaller boots will affect torsional flex, but I think you'd still be better off than where you are now. You can fit your current boots better with some fitting work. Check out Angrysnowboarder's bootfitting 101.
Thanks again @WigMar!

I'll definitely check Angry advice.
I wish I had put more effort in choosing my boots than my board at the time. To be fair, I had to be fast and it is actually not that bad, but I'll definitely shop more around next time.

·
Premium Member
5,324 Posts
Hello,

Finally decided to measure my feet properly.
It seems my right foot (the longest) is 27.7 long and 10.7 wide, so would be a 10US.
I am wearing Adidas Acerra in size 11.
27.7 cm is Mondopoint 280 or size 10 US in snowboard boots. 10.7 cm is an E width at this size. Only Salomon produces theri Wide boots of E width. You will want either the Salomon Dialogue Wide or the Salomon Synapse Wide in size 10.

STOKED!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
27.7 cm is Mondopoint 280 or size 10 US in snowboard boots. 10.7 cm is an E width at this size. Only Salomon produces theri Wide boots of E width. You will want either the Salomon Dialogue Wide or the Salomon Synapse Wide in size 10.

STOKED!
Thanks @Widersport!

I'll try on the Salomons if I find them in shop locally.
Am I right to think that as it seems the footprint reduction is not as good as the Adidas I will not save much lenght-wide?
Also any idea how they compare in term of responsiveness?

·
Premium Member
5,324 Posts
Hi,
You will want the Salomon for your width. You may need to order online but if your measurements are accurate that is how you should proceed. If you would like to post images of your barefoot measurements I will be happy to confirm.

STOKED!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
You will want the Salomon for your width. You may need to order online but if your measurements are accurate that is how you should proceed. If you would like to post images of your barefoot measurements I will be happy to confirm.

STOKED!
I will post pictures when I get back home.

Thanks a lot for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts