Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Boot Stitching Repair advice (photos included)

5K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Jelly817 
#1 ·
The stitching came undone on my boot here after about 40-50 days. I tried using gorilla glue to put it back together along with gorilla tape but that’s only a temporary fix and still allowed some moisture through. Is this boot a goner or am I just a good shoe fixer away?

Attachments

See less See more
#13 ·
I already ordered a new pair, but seeing as this was my first ever pair I didn’t know if I was jumping the gun on new shoes when the old ones were an easy fix or something. From the replies here it seems like I could fix them but a new pair wouldn’t hurt either. I’m going with next years rulers or ions whenever they come out.

#8 ·
Take it to an actual boot cobbler.
Yes they are real.
There's probably one in your town/city you just had no idea it was there.

I've taken my boots there a few times & they are amazing, seriously mind blowing.
And no matter how fucked up your boot is they have all the tools to fix it.

Take it to a sporting goods store & you'll have some retard with no experience try and fix it & it'll cost a shit tonne of money & won't last.

Take it to a cobbler it'll cost maybe $20 bucks and it won't EVER come apart

TT

#9 ·
Take it to an actual boot cobbler.
Yes they are real.
There's probably one in your town/city you just had no idea it was there.

Take it to a cobbler it'll cost maybe $20 bucks and it won't EVER come apart
Or if you have any shoe makers, that are still practicing their craft, in your area. I had this pair of Burton Ions several years ago, and my bindings tore a hole into the side in the second season. The guy was a bit reluctant, given he didn't have any experience with the material and/or use, but stitched the things up for me.

He said he doubts they'd be useful like that for much longer, but he was long. The insoles fell apart before the repair to the outer shell ever gave. :)

#10 ·
I recognize your boots, I also have Salomon Diaolagues in the dual boa variant and they’re pretty nice except the fact that they started falling apart after 3 days of riding. I looked it up and they do have a 3 year warranty on the shell and an unlimited warranty on the boa system. I’m planning on returning them at the end of the season for a refund and plan to switch boots for the next season. Go to Salomon’s website for specifics to return them, since they fall under winter gear they will have to be returned to where you bought them unless it was Salomon specifically. That dealer will be able to issue you a refund. If anyone else is reading this DO NOT BUY SALOMON DIAOLAGES, they are wonderful boots that do not last, the outer shell is not flexible at all and does not have any points to flex so it just tears incredibly fast.

#11 ·
That's too bad. My Launch boa are on their 3rd season, over 50 days and they're still in great shape. Weird that it'd only be the dialogues... either my experience isn't representative of their quality as a whole or yours is. Still sucks that your boots didn't last.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.