Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor exactly at the tip of your toe (the one that sticks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multiply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot x 2.54 = 28.57 centimeters). For width please place the inside (medial side) of your foot against a wall. Please then measure from the wall out to the widest point on the lateral (outside) of your foot
Thank you so much, I will try and hopefully I will find the perfect fit boots.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm litteraly getting crazy trying to find my size for snowboard boots.
I've read what wiredsport said and done it, bare foot against a wall : 28,8 cm/28,6cm and 10,3 width.
But i can't find a size chart with the width.
I'm also worrying with what i've red : to take 0,5 shorter than your mondo size.
For example : should i get a 28,5 in nitro ? I was in a shop and had for sure bad advice, i said i was 46 in nike and people gave me 45 1/3 in Nitro team wich is a 30.. I could still feel the end of the boots while standing, that's why i think that 2 size shorter would be very short.

I ask all of this because where i am i can't find any shop, and i'm so tired to travel to try 1 boot that i will order online some.

Elkhart

·
Premium Member
5,671 Posts
Hi Elkhart,

Your measurements above are Mondopoint 90 or size 11 US in snowboard boots. 10.3 cm is a "normal" D width at this size. You will not want to go smaller than your Mondopoint size but Mondopoint 300 is too large. Just touching the end of the boot is too large. You will want to have firm pressure (both toes and heels) into the compliant materials of the liner.

If the assistance provided has been helpful to you, your positive reviews on either of the sites below (or both) would be greatly appreciated. STOKED!

·
Registered
8,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Hi All,
The reason for this sticky thread was to help folks figure out the boot thing. And as @neni notes all boots will soften and pack out...even performance fit boots will need tweaking.

Also figure to link for folks wanting to explore or go the AT/hardboot route. To which at this point I will likely never go back to soft boots again. But AT boot fitting is a similar process and will still pack out and will need tweaking. So below is abit of my journey to AT boots.

·
Registered
8,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Some thoughts about packing out and old liners (copy paste from another thread)

Depending on where/what is packed out and has created space/looseness...will depend on what mod or bits of foam to add. Definitily support @WigMar thought of strategically adding foam. A few thoughts:

Perhaps if its just general looseness and your footbed/insoles are good, just put in a thin pice of plastic or plain flat converse tennis shoe foam under your current insole. This will take up a LOT of volume...a little goes a long way...like a 16th or an 8th of an inch. Its basically a "boot shim" that will soak/suck up perhaps 1/2 mondo size. Its a cheap and easy fix that is also easily reversible. I'd recommend maybe starting here first.

Often times its not the packing out of the lower boot/foot...because we like abit more room for da tootsies. But it is the heel pocket and we are getting heel lift...So you make the heel pocket deeper by adding a 1/2 butterfly and perhaps some j/c bars to get the heel held down And sometimes you need some foam bit on the outside of the tounge liner to help keep/push your foot/heel back in to that new pocket. Thus you keep some space for your toes and fore foot and instep/arch that will help with circulation issues...But will lock down your heel and cuff...which is where you get your leverage and power...especially if you are more of a freerider/carver style rider.

For re-heat moulding the liner, ime it will work...BUT it only works for a short time...a few days. It will re-expand the foam liner (intuition liners ime) but the liners will pack out again in short order...so why bother. Imho the since your liners are already moulded to your foot and are perhaps comfortable except for some volume issues, its better to pursue the 2 above options first.

edit: ...so if your toes are sore at the end of the day...I'd suspect that your foot is moving fore/aft and you are getting "toe bang"...So good insoles with good/proper arch support will help. And perhaps a bit thicker/more volume via the boot shim...And the foam bits on the tongue liner will all help...presuming that you are not having heel lift issues. If you are having heel lift issues...make a deeper heel pocket.

And another thing...if you have old liners that have all your tweaks to a performance fit slippers but your boots are trashed....just put your old liners in the new shells and you don't need to mess around with break-in and all that stuff. Anyway that is what I've done with my old 32 focus boas soft boots...new shells and old liners...works great. And its probably what I will at least try with my AT boots when the time comes. Thus the moral of the story...save your old liners. It iwll also act as a guide of what and how much to mod new liners...old liners are a valuable source of information for future boot fitting and tweaks.

·
Registered
8,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Link to thread of Kijiami boot mod of blowing out the shell of the boot. Great job!

101 - 107 of 107 Posts