Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend has Bunions on her feet and is having trouble finding a good pair of snowboard boots that dont hurt her feet. Anyone know of any women's boot's that may be a good fit for her? She has Size 5 feet

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
The boot is going to be secondary in this situation. She's going to need aftermarket work. You'll need to find a competent boot fitter that understands the intricacies of cutting a liner open, pulling out the foam, attaching o rings around the bunion infected area to move the pressure zones, and fitting her. Best bet go find the best ski boot fitter you can.

·
Veteran Member
11,555 Posts
It is definitely what BA said, or go in for the surgery to fix the problem. In the long run she is going to want to do that anyway. No idea what the insurance situation is of course and they don't give that surgery away so a boot fitter is probably cheaper.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
My mother has severe bunions. The bone sticks way out and here big toe is shoved way over. Its very painful for her. If she would have seeked help before it got so bad, it could have been cured or fixed. I would look into a permanent fix for a happer future. But they are absolutely correct, if she is not insured or if insurance won't cover it and she is not in a position to pay for it she will need custom work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts