Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey,

So i started snowboarding about this time last year while taking a job for 3 months in SLC. I have hit the mountains roughly 10-15 times and this year went on my first day of the year today at Killington...where i will be till March. I really wanted to give this snowboarding thing a year shot and figured I would buy some boots and a board etc. Snowboarding is great but about 90% of the reason I do not like it is how uncomfortable snowboarding boots feel on my feet. My feet always go numb after wearing them for over 10 to 20 mins. the numbness ebbs and flows. It increased with strapping in to my bindings. I bought a pair of K2 Maysis boots this year size 11. I generally wear an 11 to 12 depending on the brand in other of shoes like tennis shoes or dress etc. This is now my 3rd pair of boots over the past two seasons. I have watched every youtube video on how they should fit and even been sized up for a boot at a local shot in Burlington. The dude told me i needed a size 10 boot. I couldnt even fit my foot halfway in the thing. Not really sure what to do to make the boots more comfortable. seems to be an issue no matter what kinda boot i wear. Thanks for anyone that can help or give some insight.

Jeff
That's interesting because I alo have the K2 Maysis and my toes will go numb almost everyday I ride too. Not sure if it's the insulation or what...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Definitely sounds like a boot sizing issue hard to pinpoint the issue without seeing in person. You could also be binding too tight. Numbness could be from boots that are too small, large, wide narrow etc. A quality heat moldable boot liner could help resolve the issue we have Intuition Boot Liners currently on sale if you want to check them out Intuition Liners.

·
Registered
493 Posts
1. Try doing some lapts, them fully undoing boots. Sit for 10-15 min, tighten them as you usually do and ride.This helps for me.
2. Try using it with thin sock.
3. Try it at home without insole. Same pressure points? If you have another good insoles (lower or higher arch support) give it a try. lowersupport - if you have flatfoot. higher support - will help you shorten your feet.
4. Molding liners are great, but $$$. Google an INTUITION video how to mold liners, they do it with hot rice in a sock. This might help you a little, even if your liner is not fully moldable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey,

So i started snowboarding about this time last year while taking a job for 3 months in SLC. I have hit the mountains roughly 10-15 times and this year went on my first day of the year today at Killington...where i will be till March. I really wanted to give this snowboarding thing a year shot and figured I would buy some boots and a board etc. Snowboarding is great but about 90% of the reason I do not like it is how uncomfortable snowboarding boots feel on my feet. My feet always go numb after wearing them for over 10 to 20 mins. the numbness ebbs and flows. It increased with strapping in to my bindings. I bought a pair of K2 Maysis boots this year size 11. I generally wear an 11 to 12 depending on the brand in other of shoes like tennis shoes or dress etc. This is now my 3rd pair of boots over the past two seasons. I have watched every youtube video on how they should fit and even been sized up for a boot at a local shot in Burlington. The dude told me i needed a size 10 boot. I couldnt even fit my foot halfway in the thing. Not really sure what to do to make the boots more comfortable. seems to be an issue no matter what kinda boot i wear. Thanks for anyone that can help or give some insight.

Jeff
Hey,

Jeff
Definitely check your insoles for arch support. Could be too high. Just got a pair of thirty twos and trying to break them in, they numb my feet within five minutes. Returned some Burton’s because the ankle hold was torturously tight. However, I had zero problems with my ride boots or leilanis so I’m going to steer you towards brand. Some people are hellbent on brand quality and say suck it up, “break them in, your feet are supposed to be numb”
I don’t agree. Brands fit feet differently. I’d have returned these thirty twos and just got some ride boots but these were an expensive gift so I’m suffering through hopefully breaking them in before the season starts. Good luck and just keep trying different boots!

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Definitely check your insoles for arch support. Could be too high. Just got a pair of thirty twos and trying to break them in, they numb my feet within five minutes. Returned some Burton’s because the ankle hold was torturously tight. However, I had zero problems with my ride boots or leilanis so I’m going to steer you towards brand. Some people are hellbent on brand quality and say suck it up, “break them in, your feet are supposed to be numb”
I don’t agree. Brands fit feet differently. I’d have returned these thirty twos and just got some ride boots but these were an expensive gift so I’m suffering through hopefully breaking them in before the season starts. Good luck and just keep trying different boots!
This is a very, very old thread, but if you're sticking with the 32's get them heat molded. If numbness is your only problem and they otherwise fit very snug, heat mold and few days pack out will set you up perfectly. Every pair of 32's I've owned has numbed my feet the first couple of days and then all of a sudden, perfect fit.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts