Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening from the UK

I'm a beginner/intermediate boarder based in the north of England. When covid isn't around, my riding consists of weekly trips to the indoor slope and a yearly trip away for a week at a time.

My current set up is:

163 Douk Slick
Union Flite Pro bindings
Northwave Legend SL boots

My boots and bindings are both in absolutely brilliant condition having not been able to use them much at all this year but I have a bit of money aside and want to spend it. I really like the look of the Adidas Samba ADV. But i also have seen some Union STR and contact pro in the sales.

Is there any benefit to upgrading either of them or is it purely me being blinded to wanting new gear? Which, if any, would make the biggest difference to my development, boots or the bindings?

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
If your boots fit really well, keep them and go for bindings. Although I'd say that unless you're a fairly large guy a 163 for indoor riding is excessively long and you'd probably have more fun on a shorter park board.

Edit: Just looked up the Slick and you're fine on that. If your boots fit (and you've measured your feet and everything) I think the bindings will make the most difference but everything you have is a good choice for what you're doing now.

Soooo, spend your money on trips and lessons.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If your boots fit really well, keep them and go for bindings. Although I'd say that unless you're a fairly large guy a 163 for indoor riding is excessively long and you'd probably have more fun on a shorter park board.

Edit: Just looked up the Slick and you're fine on that. If your boots fit (and you've measured your feet and everything) I think the bindings will make the most difference but everything you have is a good choice for what you're doing now.

Soooo, spend your money on trips and lessons.

I'm 6ft and weigh 220lbs at the minute, 205 at my healthy weight ! :rolleyes:
Maybe i'll just wait for now and put the money towards my flights for Jan 22!
I appreciate the reply

1 - 5 of 5 Posts