Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
So, the picture above was taken with my heels touching the back.

If I kick them back all the way so that I can feel my heel bone on the wall, I get like 25.7 and 25.8 for repeated measurements. I guess that would put me in the size 8 range huh?

I definitely have some room in the liner right now on the thraxis (vs toe protruding a hair on the burtons). I guess sizing down makes sense if my foot isn't even touching the front right?

Guess these are being returned... Unless someone wants an unused set in an 8.5. Looks like they're sold out everywhere.
Yeah, sounds to me like they're too big.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Got lucky learning the lesson. Shop said they'd take them back so I'm only out shipping. I'll live!

Atleast I know these work for width etc.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a high instep, double BOA boots were murder on my feet. Try a pair with laces and the ankle hold BOA. Lace the boot so you skip the top part of your foot. I found that advice somewhere in this forum. It was very helpful.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
I have a high instep, double BOA boots were murder on my feet. Try a pair with laces and the ankle hold BOA. Lace the boot so you skip the top part of your foot. I found that advice somewhere in this forum. It was very helpful.
I think I had mentioned that somewhere as well since I had some Chris Greiner 32's that were nice though way too big for me.

Any particular models you have in mind? It's kind of hard to search for lace+boa setups.

Looks like K2 has a bunch of them. I'll definitely keep my eye out in the fall!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Have you tried going to a bootfitter that also happens to be a board certified pedorthist?

They can do a proper analysis of your foot and axle, then make a custom footbed for you that you can use on any boot, including your existing ones (and they can heat mold it again, maybe using caps to get more space in the toe box)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The 8.5s were honestly just too big.

I had heat molded insoles made for cycling shoes back in the day and they made a huge difference. That's likely the first thing I'll do.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have a pair of Rome Guides, I have seen a bunch of them on various websites.
Starting this thread up again!

Haven't been successful in finding any K2 Thraxis in a size 8 sadly. Any more recs? If anyone has a lead on a pair or something they think fits similarly, I'd be stoked.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Do the k2 maysis fit similarly to the thraxis? I understand they won't be as stiff.

Worth looking at a slightly used pair of the thraxis from a couple of years ago? I see a set locally for like 190 or so.

Sucks that I didn't get the right size at the end of the season. Womp.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So... To continue along with this thread.

I ended up buying a set of thirty two's, specifically the TM-2, in a size 8.5. This is the same size as my burtons that feel too small and the Thraxxis that I returned that felt too big. These boots felt right in the store with my toes justtt grazing the front of the liner. They're also a set of lace up boots, which I never thought I'd get! I did try on a set of 8's and they were painful from the second my foot was in the boot, so I had to nix that...

I've ridden in them for about 2 days now at loon and they're a pretty solid improvement over the burtons in the instep area, but I'm having a couple of issues:

1) Slight heel lift which left me with a blister. 32's come with 2 different thickness donut inserts for heel hold. I was told to insert these as the boots pack out over use, but I might start with the thinner of these. I can always combine them when the boots are totally packed out.

2) While riding, I get some numbness, tingling, and pain on the lateral side of my feet worse on the forward foot. I'm guessing a good place to start for this is a better insole. Any recommendations? Shredsoles? Superfeet?
Not really sure what to get to take up a tiny bit of volume and add some support underfoot.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Better to get a custom orthotics
than to guess with off the shelf products

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Not an option at this very moment sadly.

I did have some made for my cycling shoes years ago and this is what they looked like. Does that help anyone with a rec for what to pick up?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Deeluxe ID is supposed to have high instep, and I think european boots in general. Besides that, articulating cuffs surely help. A very stiff boot will limit your movement, so you don't get a constant pressure on your pressure point, but it'll still be there.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I dunno. I feel pretty confident that these 8.5 thirty two TM2's are going to be good for me. My feet really hurt in the 8's to the point where I couldn't even keep them on for a minute and I can just touch the front of the liner with my toes when I'm laced up.

I just bought a set of shredsoles, so lets see how those helps.

I am aware of the chance that I'm really a sz 8 because the crappy stock insoles in snowboard boots cause my arches to collapse, leading to my feet getting 'longer' than they should naturally be. So maybe with correct arch support, I'll actually be an 8, but for now I doubt it.

Will report back. Should be heading back to ride in a week. Then in 2 weeks, I'll be spending a full week in VT to ride so I'm hoping to have most of these issues sorted by then. Yikes.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
TM-2's are really comfy for me after heat molding, replacing the insoles with Remind Cush, then a couple day break-in period. During the break-in period my feet do get numb after about an hour so I'll take a break and loosen the laces. After that they fit perfectly with no numbness.

My feet are exactly 28cm so I fit into the 10's with pressure but no pain. Figuring out how tight to lace everything also makes a difference. I usually don't crank down on the liners until broken in.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
TM-2's are really comfy for me after heat molding, replacing the insoles with Remind Cush, then a couple day break-in period. During the break-in period my feet do get numb after about an hour so I'll take a break and loosen the laces. After that they fit perfectly with no numbness.

My feet are exactly 28cm so I fit into the 10's with pressure but no pain. Figuring out how tight to lace everything also makes a difference. I usually don't crank down on the liners until broken in.
Yeah, honestly they feel pretty good to me already. I just had some numbness under the lateral parts of my feet during/after runs, but walking was fine. Hoping the insoles fix that as well as take up a tiny bit of room. I'm hopeful about these boots. Planning on putting the thinner of the 2 sets of donuts in them right away if the heel hold doesn't feel sorted with the footbed.

This may be a silly question.... but do the insoles go in the liner or under it lol.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts