Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get a topic going about Boot Loyalty. It seems like the perfect boot is hard to come by and hangin on to them is even a tougher feat. So I'm asking, has anyone found that perfect boot that they've stuck by for season after season?

I found mine last season, Nike Zoom DK's. So good I bought a second pair for when my first pair kicks the bucket.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mammoth Is sponsored by 32 and the Park crew all wear custom TM2's and they swear by them. I really want to grab a pair just to try out

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been a Nike head since I was a kid. I'm currently enjoying my Nike Zoom Dk's and would probably get another pair if I had to. But I did try on some 32's a couple of years ago and those were pretty comfy and would probably be my next option.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
32 TM2.

My first boots were 32 Prion. Too soft, but really nice. I still use them on chill days with the wife and kid. Then got TM2's... no need to ever buy a different boot; you can do anything on them. Will get TM2's again when these bite it.

Edit: Ha! hadn't seen the other TMtwoers ^ up there... But yeah, awesome boots.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
32 tm-two by now you all realize this is the boot to rule all boots if it happens to fit.

I think I'll grab another pair this summer.

trad lacing ftw

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Once you find a boot that fits your feet and doesn't hurt it, stick to it.

Took me a few tries but I finally found DC Judges and decided to buy another pair when it went on sale. I love it because the boa for the top and bottom are separate and don't share a common area(like the ankles). Also fits my wide feet perfectly.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,479 Posts
Loyal with Ride Cadence - due to lack of alternatives.
It's the only stiff women's boot with upper/lower boa available here so far. Guess, I'm lucky that it fits very well :).
Seems a small niche, otherwise, more models would exist... but according to the local shop, the stock was very rapidly sold out, there is a demand for such boots here, locally, what makes me hope that other brands will come with models. We'll see.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Another 32 fan boy. Rode the Prion for 1 season. They were super comfortable but too soft. I then picked up a pair of 32 Juhyos. Love the way they feel. This will be my third season on them and they're still holding up. I wish they didn't stop making them. I really dig the styling of them too.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Had some new K2 Raiders last year, very comfortable but the BOA knob broke off and the plastic part that is sewn in to the boot is cracked. However they are not the warmest boots. Sent to K2 to repair or replace under warranty.

After the K2's broke I got burton rulers, which are nice and warm and comfortable at first, I really like the lacing system on the Rulers it is easy to get them tight, but they hurt the outside edge of my lead foot really bad after a few runs no matter how tight or loose I lace them.

I can't wait to get the K2's back from warranty repair/replacement since they don't hurt my feet.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I started out with Burton Rulers which were nice so I bought a second pair when the first wore out. I then went to pair of Burton SLX with the speed lacing system which were nice and rode them for about 5 seasons - they're still in good condition. I bought a pair of 32 Focus Boa's late last season and they are a little wide for my foot - especially in the toe box. I ride Flow bindings and the 32's outsole was a bit bulky and didn't fit very well either. At that point I decided to buy a pair of Flow Talon Focus boots and they are by far the most comfortable boots I've ever owned and they fit my bindings like a glove. I didn't get a chance to get out on them before the season ended but I'm fairly positive that I've found what I've been looking for.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Another 32 fan boy. Rode the Prion for 1 season. They were super comfortable but too soft. I then picked up a pair of 32 Juhyos. Love the way they feel. This will be my third season on them and they're still holding up. I wish they didn't stop making them. I really dig the styling of them too.
I think the Juhyos are a sweet boot, I too think they should've kept makin' them.

What size Lucky? I have a virtually brand new pair I don't need.

TT

·
Registered
612 Posts
Only on my second pair of boots in 5 years. Haven't rode on these yet, but I think they will work well. First pair was burton poachers and the new pair is burton rulers. AND I AM NOT A BURTON GUY! that's the only thing burton that I have.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts