Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just grabbed a 2021 Burton Custom, board showed up and I was excited to look it over. When I was looking at the edge I noticed what looked like a split on the tail where the edge meets itself.

Sure enough its delaminated:eek:

Picture below. I imagine Burton will replace the board seeing as it just showed up today. This cant be common can it?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Spoke to Burton here in Toronto where I ordered it from.

Gonna replace it no questions asked. Awesome customer service (y)
How do you fix a delaminated snowboard?
Tape up top sheet and base around delamination prior to prevent mess. Inject/insert flexible marine epoxy into the lifted up surfaces. Then work epoxy around before completely clamping it trying to get it as flat as possible (to prevent elevated areas of epoxy) till it sets. Clean up the edge after with low grit paper.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

I received the replacement board yesterday. I must have some terrible luck:confused:

The replacement board has what looks like air bubbles under the top sheet on the nose.

Anyone think this is an issue? Aesthetically I dont really care and am happy keeping the board as I know itll see its fair share of chips/scratches, but does this look like something that could lead to issues down the road? The bumps are hard and cant be pushed down really.

I spoke with Burton today and again they are being awesome in regards to customer service. They are gonna look into the issue for me.

Any input would be awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts