Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
The question begs... Why are ONLY dudes bashing BitchBoards? unless...1 you ride a chic board or 2 you know something about the technology or manufacturing of these boards...

I'm not singling you out but the question needed to be asked....

I have never heard of BitchBoards until today.

Because there is nothing special about them and the women tries to make them out to be some super-board. And charges too much for what they really are. I doubt she even snowboards with some of her marketing claims.

BA has a lot to say about her and the company. I'm sure he will chime in shortly and let you know what the deal is.

Go check out SHREDBETTIES, they don't like the boards either, and they are all women

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Prior - overpriced and delicate. I was so excited when I got mine, but after the first ride a bubble appeared on the base, and it kept on growing. Prior would not warranty, and said it was normal. The base is paper thin and soft.

Unfortunate, because I wanted to support a Canadian company.

·
Registered
360 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
(although I stay away from lib-tech after bad personal experiences with the durability of their boards - topsheet easily chips, delams, not fully wrapped edges).
:thumbsup: Thanks for the truth, this has been my same experience with Lib/any Mervin board. They ride awesome but there is just no build quality. Whenever I recommend people to stay away from Lib I get all the skate banana whores trashing me. Lib makes boards that ride nice, they just need to learn how to keep 'em together.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
My Rider's Choice has been bomber... :dunno:

Although I have heard the Banana referred to as the Banana Peel because of the topsheets peeling off constantly.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The question begs... Why are ONLY dudes bashing BitchBoards? unless...1 you ride a chic board or 2 you know something about the technology or manufacturing of these boards...

I'm not singling you out but the question needed to be asked....

I have never heard of BitchBoards until today.
Not only guys are bashing BtichBoards, I ride both male and female specific boards, and I am a female. I'm not intersted in buying a board from a company that needs to use "bitch" in order to gain some kind of attention. Taking photos of a random blond girl in a beanie also doesn't give me a good reason to purchase overrated, overpriced equipment just because it is women specific thank you.

WHY BITCH?
BitchBoards® is embracing the word 'Bitch' to mean an empowered and beautiful female snowboarder. It's a fun and playful "thumbing of the nose" at a male-dominated industry that until now hasn't addressed women's real wants and needs. Move over 'betties'-the 'bitches' are shredding up the mountain!

OUR MISSION AND PHILOSOPHY
Our mission and philosophy is to always provide the highest quality women's snowboards women love to ride and show off! We promise to provide the ultimate in style and design in every BitchBoards® snowboard without skimping on the performance or quality.

Apparently the word bitch makes us stronger? what the fu*k is the matter with this lady?

Alex Masterson started snowboarding about 7 years ago. - So I should trust her inexperience to provide me with the best products? WTF

I feel like im wasting my valuable time posting to this thread, so I'm done... what a waste of my time.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Tall T's and wanksters.

I think it has now progressed to skinny white kids wearing sweater dresses who think they are from the ghetto, but would cry for mommy if they had a real gun pointed at them!

Smoke pot, listen to hip hop, and wear sweater dresses snowboarding. Sounds like Neff/ Technine style to me.

I'm not sure who looks more feminine... the guy wearing girls pants, or the guy with the sunday dress or tall T as they call it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Unless you're paying big $$$ stay away from Burton.

The wife had issues with her Twin, my Deuce was a pile a crap and they wouldn't warranty it after 9 months, and same with the boots that came unstitched after about 50 days.

Sadly only Burton boots fit my weirdo feet, so I'm hoping my Rulers last longer. We'll see. Only have 10 days on them so far this season.

Just my experience, your mileage can and will vary.

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
I've seen a lot of 686 outerwear just blow up.

My view isn't popular, but I think all snowboarding specific outerwear is grossly overpriced for the quality of gear you're buying. I pretty much stick with Mountain Hardwear and other more mountaineering geared clothing and my shit lasts A LOT longer than my buddies'. Take it for what it's worth.

·
Veteran Member
11,536 Posts
I've seen a lot of 686 outerwear just blow up.

My view isn't popular, but I think all snowboarding specific outerwear is grossly overpriced for the quality of gear you're buying. I pretty much stick with Mountain Hardwear and other more mountaineering geared clothing and my shit lasts A LOT longer than my buddies'. Take it for what it's worth.
Pretty much has been my experience too. Especially with the jackets. I almost always buy snowboard pants because of the cargo pocket models and the fact it's easier to find ones that are fairly baggy which I like. Then again, I get a season, maybe a season and half out of any given pair of snowboard pants, and my Mountain Hardware jacket is going on three seasons now...

·
Premium Member
4,142 Posts
he's just being a doucher like tons of people who hate on burton. there goods boards....they didnt get to the top by making crap. and they dont have awesome riders by making crap boards.
Some people hate on the brand because they charge a premium price for the brand name. To each his own, I guess. You can get your clothes at Kohl's or at Abercrombie. Basically the same stuff, no better or worse. But you'll pay a lot more for A&F than you will at Kohl's.

IMO, their higher-end boards don't justify the ridonculous price tags. There's no board on earth that I'd pay $900 for, unless it gave BJs.

N

·
0 Posts
i am currently riding rome/atomic boards,rome bindings and have always wore special blend jacket/pant, i personaly buy stuff from local smaller shops thats not as "main stream" and stuff that isnt mass production, i havent had too much luck with burton and its a perfect example of mass production the quality just doesnt seem to be there. im not hating on them just from personal preference. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stepchild, Rome, Ride, K2, Salomon make some great boards and the brands I would avoid are 5150, Morrow, Lamar and any boards that can be found at Target,Costco,etc...

·
Registered
45 Posts
:thumbsup: Thanks for the truth, this has been my same experience with Lib/any Mervin board. They ride awesome but there is just no build quality. Whenever I recommend people to stay away from Lib I get all the skate banana whores trashing me. Lib makes boards that ride nice, they just need to learn how to keep 'em together.
I've got two Lib's and haven't had a single issue with them - they're going on 8 and 10 years! Maybe they don't build them as well as they use to? But I don't believe that their quality would decline since they still make all their boards by hand in WA.
All I know is that my Lib's have been amazingly durable. I just got my first gouges in the base after accidentally riding into a rock meadow, but old Emma is still sliding just fine!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts