Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've been to Keystone and Breck and I'm actually heading back to Keystone end of January for couple of days.

Keystone "gentle pitch" bowls - Bergman & Erickson Bowls are more of a blue run as far as steepness at the top and flatness out at the bottom but you have to navigate through trees. The trees are not as dense as the "Windows" but not spaced out either. To get there you need to hike up quite a bit. There used to be a $5 cat ride but I'm not sure if it's still running. Next year there will be a new lift that takes you to the top of Bergman bowl.

Keystone "steeper pitch" bowls - North & South Bowl are a little steeper than the other two I mentioned above. However, if you go far enough and line up over the puma bowl (long hike) at the South Bowl, it's less steep than the beginning sections when you first start hiking up. Those beginning sections are mostly trees with moguls and steeper (see the pic over my name it's a tree run at Keystone called Wolverine right off the South Bowl). It flatness out at the bottom of the south bowl. There is a loooooong catwalk trail called Mr Toad's Wild Ride, you need to keep up your speed (make sure your board is waxed or base structure) that leads you back to another blue trail called the Willow's and back to the lift. I hated that section of the run, I hate cat tracks in general lol.

Breck - I've been to peak 6 (not really a "bowl") and North Bowl at Peak 7. Very windy and icy, it wasn't fun at all. We couldn't access the other bowls because the lifts were closed due to high winds (very very common at breck). It gets brutally windy even on a nice sunny blue skies. Just keep that in mind.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts