Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Managed to brake my T.Rice Pro HP in the Vans Penken Park in Mayrhofen last week. The topsheet just cracked in the nose causing a structural weakness all the way to the base below, as in it gives in and bends at the crack excessively.

What really blows is that I didn't even have a notable impact or fall, it just gave in during a nose press on a box slide???

Anyone come across this before with this board (or similar lib techs).

Just waiting for the warranty people to get back to me to see if they will replace it, anyone got advice on the situation :dunno:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Managed to brake my T.Rice Pro HP in the Vans Penken Park in Mayrhofen last week. The topsheet just cracked in the nose causing a structural weakness all the way to the base below, as in it gives in and bends at the crack excessively.

What really blows is that I didn't even have a notable impact or fall, it just gave in during a nose press on a box slide???

Anyone come across this before with this board (or similar lib techs).

Just waiting for the warranty people to get back to me to see if they will replace it, anyone got advice on the situation :dunno:

I think this only happened because you bottled trying a tamedog :laugh:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Glad you got a replacement. There was a post in I think, Mervin 2014, thread. A guy had a Banana Magic (all basalt like the TR HP) and it snapped.

I had commented that my new TR HP 161 cracked excessively by just flexing with my knee. It was enough for me to not flex that much anymore.

Wondering if there's something going on with these basalt boards.

EDIT- here's the thread. Post and pics are bottom of page. http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/61978-lib-tech-2014-snowboards-8.html

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
Glad you got a replacement. There was a post in I think, Mervin 2014, thread. A guy had a Banana Magic (all basalt like the TR HP) and it snapped.

I had commented that my new TR HP 161 cracked excessively by just flexing with my knee. It was enough for me to not flex that much anymore.

EDIT- here's the thread. Post and pics are bottom of page. http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/61978-lib-tech-2014-snowboards-8.html
The plural of anecdote is not data...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

That looks identical to what happened to both my boards?! I thought the basalt was supposed to have higher tensile strenght but both my breaks occurred from riding which I wouldn't expect the board to take any real damage from, i.e. no impact or nasty falls!

Wonder how many of these boards T.Rice goes through :giggle:

Attachments

·
Registered
845 Posts
That looks identical to what happened to both my boards?! I thought the basalt was supposed to have higher tensile strenght but both my breaks occurred from riding which I wouldn't expect the board to take any real damage from, i.e. no impact or nasty falls!

Wonder how many of these boards T.Rice goes through :giggle:
Damn that's odd how it cracked like that.

FWIW Lib told me the basalt was supposed to be less prone to snapping.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts