Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[no idea where this post belongs]

Anyone got any good suggestions for a brick of budget wax. I'm not talking riding wax here [I use Hertel Super Hot Sauce for that], just stuff for a hot wax cleaning, storing for summer, etc.

Cheers.

And wrath, I don't want to go down the street and harvest my own beeswax from the local meadow.

·
Registered
451 Posts
i would just buy bulk hertel to save cash... mixing formulas might fuck up your super hot sauce. like if you hot scrape with a shit soft wax and put your sauce on top, it'll just come off as easy as the shit wax.

OR WORSE.

i heard this one story where someone mixed waxes and his base melted to his wax iron.

OR EVEN WORSE.

another time - someone mixed waxes, got some on his hand, went to pee in the woods, and his hand got stuck to his peen. he had to ride down in the little sled thing with ski patrol with his thing out, and it was super cold. rumors spread about small size due to the sub zero temps, and he NEVER GOT LAID AGAIN.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
A decent brick of wax is like $10. Why you trying to save money here? It's cheap as shit already.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Irahi, how do you melt those without burning the living shit out of your fingers?
Easy, I put the pellets on my tongue first, then melt them with the iron. Presto, no burnt fingers!

Seriously though, just spread them out on your board first, then put the iron straight down on them without applying a ton of pressure. I usually melt them all like that before running the iron around like you'd normally do so I don't accidentally knock any unmelted ones into some inaccessible corner of the garage.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Easy, I put the pellets on my tongue first, then melt them with the iron. Presto, no burnt fingers!

Seriously though, just spread them out on your board first, then put the iron straight down on them without applying a ton of pressure. I usually melt them all like that before running the iron around like you'd normally do so I don't accidentally knock any unmelted ones into some inaccessible corner of the garage.
Genius! No joke, I wouldn't have thought of that.

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
And wrath, I don't want to go down the street and harvest my own beeswax from the local meadow.
yup bees wax...don't work

$5/lb canning wax from the grocery store...its basically the same as sb wax with out the 3-10 percent of unicorn goat turd iridium graphic magic virgin dust. I use it year round for skis and boards and at my sub-pro level of proficiency....haven't noticed the difference.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup bees wax...don't work

$5/lb canning wax from the grocery store...its basically the same as sb wax with out the 3-10 percent of unicorn goat turd iridium graphic magic virgin dust. I use it year round for skis and boards and at my sub-pro level of proficiency....haven't noticed the difference.

Good tip. I knew you'd know of something. Thanks.

Was kinda hoping in a dark humor sort of way you'd come up with the 'honey bee solution' though.

·
Registered
898 Posts
[no idea where this post belongs]

Anyone got any good suggestions for a brick of budget wax. I'm not talking riding wax here [I use Hertel Super Hot Sauce for that], just stuff for a hot wax cleaning, storing for summer, etc.

Cheers.

RaceWax Warm Temperature Hydrocarbon Ski Wax, 150 g

Order 3 blocks and you get free shipping.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Many sharp money saving characters in this thread. Thanks for the suggestions guys. Much appreciated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts