Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Guy's name is Collin Backowski, looks like he is a coach at High Cascade. From everything I'm hearing, the chances of survival are pretty slim. Not good.

Strong vibes for all those guys down there.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Found his body this morning. RIP Collin. Sounds like he was an NS rider.

+++vibes

Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

·
Registered
814 Posts
That's scary. There's always the risk but who would have thought they'd be in that bad a spot at that bad a time. RIP. Not nice to hear at all.

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
I met him numberous times over the past few years. Not friends but acquaintances. Great kid. Sorry hes gone.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really sad to hear his death. Prayers to his family and friends, RIP Collin..

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
So......were they just dinkin around checking out the tunnel? Is it a "shortcut" to a certain aspect of the mountain? Just curious........tragic, either way.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
I met Collin a few times and pretty much my whole riding crew from last year knew him really well, lotsa evergreen kids tore up right now...vibes....

·
Registered
35 Posts
So......were they just dinkin around checking out the tunnel? Is it a "shortcut" to a certain aspect of the mountain? Just curious........tragic, either way.
The news around here is saying that they all had boards with them so they must have been looking for a summer stash.

At least he went out doing what he loved.

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
My understanding is hearsay but I was told they were looking for a spot to film at. Stuff to jump and what not. Basically dinkin around pretty much like a lot of us do whwn hiking stuff....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts