Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some details: I'm goofy, my stance is 15/-15, about shoulder width apart. Whenever I snowboard, I get this burning pain on my foot. The location of the pain is hard to describe, so to find it, do this: Put your finger on your pinky toe's toenail, slide it down about two inches, then slide it towards the bottom of your foot, about 1-2 centimeters. The pain is exacerbated when making toeside turns, and eases up a little when making heeled turns. I've always had this pain while snowboarding, and it really takes a lot of fun out of the sport. My foot still hurts from snowboarding yesterday; when I press on that location, it feels like I'm pressing a bruise (it's not a bruise though, I'm positive). Does anybody have any idea about what is causing this, and how I can fix it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure. Following the instructions I gave should lead right to where I'm talking about. That may be where the pivot joint is, it doesn't seem like it would be though.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Following the instructions I gave should lead right to where I'm talking about.
It doesn't.
Sailor said:
Put your finger on your pinky toe's toenail, slide it down about two inches [down the side of the foot, the bottom of the foot or the top of the foot?], then slide it towards the bottom of your foot [you mean towards the heal?], about 1-2 centimeters.
Is the pain on the top of your foot or the bottom of your foot? Have you tried other boots/bindings combos? Have you felt inside the boot to see if there is a seam or similar that might dig in?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pain is along the side of my leading foot, the pinky toe side. it's about two inches down from where my pinky is, on the side of my foot; kind of right below that bone that sticks out after your pinky toe. There is nothing that sticks out from my boot, the pain is purely from the movement of toeside turns.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
On the outside of your lead foot? I've had this, mine was because I needed to adjust the angles of my front binding. Try going wider first by 1 notch at a time and ride a full run. Do this first thing before you ride.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The thing is, I tried riding my brother's board, and I didn't have this pain at all. His board is setup for a regular rider, so it was like 6/-15 for me, riding it in the wrong direction. I would just adjust my board like his, but it felt uncomfortable to ride and I couldn't ride as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Since I'd like the setup to remain symmetrical, should I also bring the back binding in a notch every time as well? Also, I was just riding his in the backyard; going down a small hill, hitting a rail, then taking it off and walking back up. However, I was doing that for quite some time.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
My angles also change from set up to set up. For example, my Proto HD with Genesis are at equal numbers but my Happy Hour with Holograms I had to move the binding out 2 degrees more than the back. Also if I ride the Proto/Genesis at a wider angle in the front (which I tried) my foot hurts exactly where yours does and the opposite for the Happy Hour and in the same spot on the foot.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.