Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of the year again and the snowboarding closet needs a bit of an update from my previous boarding gear (3SC). Looking to purchase either the 15/16 Cyclic jacket or the 16/17 Cyclic jacket. Just need some advice for the sizing side of things. I'm 5'10, 176lbs, athletic build with a chest measurement of 40-41". Considering sizes MEDIUM or LARGE. I don't want it to be super long and super baggy, but I want enough room for some layering as it's a shell construction. Could also be persuaded to purchase the [ak] 2L Velocity Anorak jacket as I don't mind the pull-over style. But still having the same problems with sizing. I'm unable to try in store as well as there are no Burton dealers in my city. Any help is appreciated, oh and this is my first thread.

Thanks heaps,
Kyle

·
Registered
447 Posts
I suggest you go with the large. It won't look baggy whatsoever, and you'll have just the right amount of room left for layering. I had the same decision to make last year and am close to your size - I went large and it fits perfectly.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
lol
I went opposite. Burton runs a bit large....

5'11" 170lbs
M AK jacket (not sure which model):

MAYBE L would be ok on you. Try it on and decide?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks heaps guys, yeah I've heard that Burton's cut runs large. I think I'm heading towards the larger size as my chest and shoulders are quite broad, I'm not too fussed about the long sleeves either. Better to get larger for more layering than get a small and look like a bodybuilder charging the slopes haha

Cheers,
Kyle

·
Registered
46 Posts
i'm 5'11, 180lbs and medium fits well. i'm a 40inch chest. could probably fit 2 layers underneath. the jacket on me reaches a bit past my crouch. the only thing i dont like is that the hood seems a bit small or either i have a big head. i'm a 59cm head.

not sure which model i have but the website i bought it from called it 2016. looks similar to F1EA's.

jacket measurements for meduim are

pit to pit is 25 inches
under the arm to sleeve is 24inches / hood to sleeve is 33inches
back length from bottom of hood to waist is 32inches

1 - 5 of 5 Posts