Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking around at powder boards, researching my options as I'm looking to add to my quiver in a year or so. I was checking out the Burton boards and didn't really see anything that jumped out at me, so I went onto the board finder, put my stats in (5'9", 120 lb, female) and ticked advanced skill, and set the sliders to backcountry, cruising, and stiff/aggressive.

My results? Burton Nugget 134 as a 100% match. :blink: :dunno:

I ride a Roxy Ally 143 indoors (snowdome), and a 151 DC Biddy for holidays away... I'll get the chance to test ride the Jones Mothership and Women's Hovercraft in a couple of months, so at this stage I'm still browsing the interwebs. Will probably be back with questions after the board demo.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Actually given your criteria a pretty good choice. Stiff/aggressive and cruising are opposite properties. I'm not sure if Burton has many women's powder boards so there may not have been a good women's specific match. Depending on foot size you could go with a short men's board (vastly more options) too.

Remember with boards like the nug and hovercraft they are designed in such a way that you ride them significantly shorter than a normal board for that purpose. The nug is typically ridden 5-10cm shorter and the 156 hover has the surface area of a board in the high 160s, low 170s

1 - 2 of 2 Posts