Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my daughter is growing up and her 130cm was short last year.
I was looking at Burton boards for kids of 2021.

I was comparing the Feelgood in 140 and the Custom Smalls in 140 as well. And construction of both are the same

Both in terms of specs are the same, just the Custom say bindings men in small and the Feelgood say bindings women in small.

Mostly why I would aim for the Custom is that I can pass it easily to my son after.

Main question, can both board be different in stiffness or just the graphics make them look more one girly and one more for boys?

Any opinions?

Otherwise I might end up at some shop and see them both and press on them to see either one is stiffer.

And why Burton, I got a 40% discount because I'm a patroller.

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
If the custom and feelgood are the same specs...except maybe for flex...idk...but I'd suspect the flex is the same. I'd get the one that can be handed down to yer son. Besides kids don't know any better than beyond the graphics...until they can ride and develop some skillz and opinions. Also you could put some girly stickers on for the daughter and then change them out for yer son.

Also since you are a patroller, hopefully they are learning both how to ride and ski. Heck get them started on their AT game and they can ride in AT boots and then just switch it up and have backcountry game. Ime with my daughter, she rode began on a little 135 and then jumped up to a 148 stiffer full cambered. She didn't know any better and learned how to ride it despite it being way over-sized. The benefit was that she became an excellent rider and loved to go fast. Eventually she switched to skiing and then to BC skiing...but still rides occasionally and skis like a snowboarder...doesn't turn much. All the cool kids do both.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty good statement there. My daughter can ski and snowboard. She like both but last season, she really learned a lot on her board.
My son is on skis but he really want to start snowboarding too.
Your opinion made me make a choice. Thanks

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Pretty good statement there. My daughter can ski and snowboard. She like both but last season, she really learned a lot on her board.
My son is on skis but he really want to start snowboarding too.
Your opinion made me make a choice. Thanks

Dad, you are doing a great job!...its going to be a great run with your kids.

Last year, rode the chair with this 7 yr old girl boarder, who noted she did both depending on which conditions were better ;). She had been skiing since 2 and started boarding at 5. Watched her take off on her own...no problems hitting a double black at Baker. Also have these friends who's daughter has been skiing all her life, dad and mom both ski and ride. Her favorite run when she was 5 was basically an off-piste triple black.

And oh...wait til they discover DH biking if they haven't already. My daughter the youngest has a couple of older brothers. Anyway she ends up being the pow hound mtn hippy and at 17 did her senior hs project training with the patrollers and skied/rode 100+ days. Now at 26 yr old she and her boyfriend bought a place out by Baker and have a garage full of toys. She got me on a DH bike once and notes its the same attacking the lines and same movements on a DH bike as in skiing, except you hold the handle bars horizontally instead of holding ski poles vertically...me "oh ok great...but I don't ski." Thus she takes me down these hairy ass narrow lines...and says "dad, whatever you do, don't hit the brakes...just flow the line"...needless to say, I used the brakes and went over the handle bars a couple of times. And then there is dirt biking and snow machines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts