Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any luck getting a response from burton customer support? Ive tried the chat, been connected to someone and then they just disconnect (it states from their end that they disconnected). Im guessing to get their pay cheque without having to work. Ive sent multiple emails with no response. It’s getting to be a bit of a joke.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Has anyone had any luck getting a response from burton customer support? Ive tried the chat, been connected to someone and then they just disconnect (it states from their end that they disconnected). Im guessing to get their pay cheque without having to work. Ive sent multiple emails with no response. It’s getting to be a bit of a joke.
I don't think they have done a great job of having their customer support keep up with their growth.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Never really had a problem getting replies when I contact support, but had some weird stuff happening with orders without them telling me about it. Looks like the chat has been down at times tho.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Customer support over the phone has been second to none on my side. Had to deal with them 2 times in the past 5 years or so.

Weird.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've had nothing but great experiences with all forms of their customer support, as well as Burton specific warranty issues through local shops.

However, I haven't dealt with them recently. I've placed a ton of orders online lately, but no warranty/return needed.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
In Australia, Burton Au are absolutely brilliant. Only dealt via email and they respond that day or the next day. Any warranty issues they deal with immediately. Never dealt with a company that is as good as them before.

·
Destroying Worlds Since 2015
6,510 Posts
I've found their customer support to be much better than their sales force. FWIW, response has been slower in 2020, but they have always gotten back to me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I contacted them this spring via the online form on their website when the EST sliders for the board were missing from the package. They replied within the same day and posted the missing parts in 1-2 days. So really positive experience from my side. Didn't try the chat though.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hmm Seems like a mixed bag. Its been a couple of weeks. Ill send some more emails off. I dont like going over the phone as people make promises and dont follow through but you have no record.
thanks for the responses!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Online support is always the first thing to disappear when shit gets real.
Corona virus, a looming China (trade?) war and reduced participation in our sport this season are all real problems that Burton surely face. I bet they are cost cutting like most companies in the world right now.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hmm Seems like a mixed bag. Its been a couple of weeks. Ill send some more emails off. I dont like going over the phone as people make promises and dont follow through but you have no record.
thanks for the responses!
I would just phone them up. I always prefer talking to someone if I can.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have always been helped very kindly and swiftly by them, they even sent me a set of old screws for a set of second hand bindings that I couldnt find anywhere.

·
Registered
179 Posts
+1 for great experiences with Burton's customer support. I dealt with them quite a few times including a warranty issue with my ak jacket 2 months back. I can say nothing but good things about them. I did ask them something sales related a few weeks back and I had to wait almost 3 weeks for a repliy, which is unusual. In the email the staff apologized for the delay and told me it was because of the COVID-situation.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I recall trying to call there about issues with my Burton Concord... I've wasted a good 4 hours waiting on line (not on the same day) but one time of more than a hour.
Ended up writing them by email, got called the next day.
And one day, got a call from them asking what they were gonna do with the boots and offering me option. Ended with a pair of Swath since the Concord weren't available anymore.
Finally, changed my mind about their customers service by the phone.

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I recall trying to call there about issues with my Burton Concord... I've wasted a good 4 hours waiting on line (not on the same day) but one time of more than a hour.
Ended up writing them by email, got called the next day.
And one day, got a call from them asking what they were gonna do with the boots and offering me option. Ended with a pair of Swath since the Concord weren't available anymore.
Finally, changed my mind about their customers service by the phone.

When ordering online, ALWAYS contact the company by email as your primary method. It's not the 90s anymore, companies by and large are no longer set up to handle phone calls. It's expensive and extremely time consuming.

I know I know everyone goes "But I need it addressed now!" But with online sales if companies had to man phones to offer buying advice, questions, warranties, etc. It would take paying a dozen people full time running a phone bank and it's just not feasible.

·
Registered
72 Posts
When ordering online, ALWAYS contact the company by email as your primary method. It's not the 90s anymore, companies by and large are no longer set up to handle phone calls. It's expensive and extremely time consuming.

I know I know everyone goes "But I need it addressed now!" But with online sales if companies had to man phones to offer buying advice, questions, warranties, etc. It would take paying a dozen people full time running a phone bank and it's just not feasible.
That's what I figured out after calling. But they still present the customer service by phone at first and the e-mail. Still, I'm 40, always believed better to talk to someone voice to voice, hate to leave a message on vocal box :).
Idk, if it's such a issue like you wrote, why not get rid of the phone line in that case.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
That's what I figured out after calling. But they still present the customer service by phone at first and the e-mail. Still, I'm 40, always believed better to talk to someone voice to voice, hate to leave a message on vocal box :).
Idk, if it's such a issue like you wrote, why not get rid of the phone line in that case.

To keep it simple there's a number of reasons for Google and the like that basically require you to have a phone number posted. Believe me most companies would love to simply cut the line.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve had to call the company several times and it’s been super easy. I find their CS to be really great. I once called to order a binding strap that I broke, and they send me a new one for free. And then over the summer I needed to return one of my orders and I was 1 day over the 30 day return policy (so I had to call) and it was a breeze. No issues.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts