Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got two new base plates due to cracks, and a new right high back due to ripped rubber, and new heel cup pads due to originals coming off, and new foot pads since the diodes pads collect ice like a freezer...... Hmmmmm. Damn, almost got new bindings one piece at a time. :icon_scratch:

So today, morning after best pow day of the year at bachelor, I drop the back side of the mnt off the summit (freaking great run by the way- open bowls to trees to chutes) and when I get back to the chair I unstrapped both feet to catch a breath (2mile run) and the top half of my highback fell off. :dunno:

So pissed. Mnt is packed and being tracked out by the second. Done. Had enough highback to ride back to lodge and get new bindings. A 2 hour ordeal after adjustment and decision making.

Ended up with union chargers..... A bit heavier and a bit stiffer than the diode. They'll def kick your ass if your not on it. I fucking yard sailed on a cat track hard.....caught a front edge at low speed, while relaxing. :dizzy:

Union needs more time on my board , diode was such a nice binding in terms of ride. But fuck that shit. All those faults then leave me fucked on the best part of the day and no more. If that high back would have snapped lower down while I was higher up I'd have been fucked hiking for days if I didn't have to call for a sled due to deep snow. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Ill have a new set of diodes for sale shortly..... If anyone is interested let me know.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Bummer dude.
Its truely love/hate with diodes isnt it lol. See if you can get the unions on the scales for me.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bummer dude.
Its truely love/hate with diodes isnt it lol. See if you can get the unions on the scales for me.
Ya will do. I know they are heavier but not by much. Hand to hand they felt pretty damn equal, but with both bolted on board I can tell w ease the board is heavier.

As much as I want I don't think I'll give the diodes another shot. Even if I had extra parts to fix anything if I got caught in the terrain I was in today I'd be fucked anyways.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you had a set of diodes with backup straps and highbacks i'll buy em off ya
This broken pair will be warrantied out so ill have a new set of bindings. At the least they'll refuse to send me a brand new pair and instead only send a new high back. In which case ill have new frames, highbacks right and left new heel cup pads, foot pads, etc.

Ill let you know what I end up with

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
You will get 1x highback from burton. My guy tried to get me a new set twice and it aint happening.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well considering all the parts they've sent me lately and the fact that I need to sell these to pay for the ones I had to buy while on vacation they might ship me new ones if I ship my old ones in.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Well considering all the parts they've sent me lately and the fact that I need to sell these to pay for the ones I had to buy while on vacation they might ship me new ones if I ship my old ones in.
No arguement here lol. Just in my experience they send out parts freely but getting a whole new set is out of the question. It takes me 3 weeks to a month to get my replacement parts delivered every time something breaks which is a total pain in the ass and costs them more in shipping to Australia than a whole new set would but they wont send me a new set.
By sending me a whole new set I would have my own diode wrecking yard so I can fix my ow fkn parts on the spot when they break lol instead of the shitfight it is atm.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No arguement here lol. Just in my experience they send out parts freely but getting a whole new set is out of the question. It takes me 3 weeks to a month to get my replacement parts delivered every time something breaks which is a total pain in the ass and costs them more in shipping to Australia than a whole new set would but they wont send me a new set.
By sending me a whole new set I would have my own diode wrecking yard so I can fix my ow fkn parts on the spot when they break lol instead of the shitfight it is atm.
When I was talking to them about getting my new frames I asked them why they didn't just send me a new pair of bindings. Shit the heel cup stickers were still in the mail. They said they would but they'd need my old bindings first. I was headed to Utah and wasn't gonna risk shit not showing up in time.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Sounds like you're familiar with that.....

:icon_scratch:
Nope, I always fold mine down for that exact reason (L bindings = tall highbacks = fold that shizz down), but I've seen enough people complaining on this forum wondering why they couldn't get them warrantied after the fact. That really sucks it happened but you should be stoked they warrantied them since it DOES look like lift induced highback breakage.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts