Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Very true but that doesn't mean you as a tech, progression, and industry-leading brand have your fit page give out not just preference tips but straight lies about how to fit a boot. That's the point. WE ALL GET WHY. None of us need that explained. Why not take board weight out and just tell them to size by chin? When they say their new core is more responsive or lighter or is best for big lines why do I believe that when they already lie about other tech to make customer service easier?

You wanna go "for a relaxed comfort based fit go with A but for designed performance and response use method B" at least then you're not lying to your customer and creating a massive industry wide problem and completely destroying your marketing credibility.
Nah

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
While we're at it. Copy-pasted from rossignol website:

"Generally, a snowboard is chosen according to a rider's weight, ability and riding style. A shorter snowboard will be more manageable and easier to maneuver – great for beginners, lighterweight, or more freestyle-oriented riders. A longer snowboard will be faster and more stable – great for heavier, more advanced, or aggressive freeriders.
For more freestyle-oriented performance: size between your shoulder and chin.
For more freeride-oriented performance: size between your chin and nose or above."
🤪

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
While we're at it. Copy-pasted from rossignol website:

"Generally, a snowboard is chosen according to a rider's weight, ability and riding style. A shorter snowboard will be more manageable and easier to maneuver – great for beginners, lighterweight, or more freestyle-oriented riders. A longer snowboard will be faster and more stable – great for heavier, more advanced, or aggressive freeriders.
For more freestyle-oriented performance: size between your shoulder and chin.
For more freeride-oriented performance: size between your chin and nose or above."
Ha I'm reading this thinking yes this is spot on then...

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
My boards all measure between my shoulders and nose.
🤠
It's because you're such an average Joe, F1EA. ;)

Mine don't. My short fat goes below my shoulders. :) And I haven't owned a single board that's gone above my chin. But then again, I am a #slimjim...

·
The Swiss Miss
7,312 Posts

Mine don't. My short fat goes below my shoulders. :) And I haven't owned a single board that's gone above my chin. But then again, I am a #slimjim...
Mine don't neither. I'm a slimjane and my boards are above nose :). Do here we go, there's a left and right of the bell-curve.
However, I agree that the chin-nose shortcut method has its validity, as average joe DOES fit in the weight range of average all-mtn board. The ones far off the bell curve in VMI and preferences will have to find out by trial and error. By time, one will know what one likes 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
5,635 Posts

Yup. Average everything. Size M even haha
The downside is I have to buy stuff soon or else things my size sell out...

But even being taller.... if taller than avg, then a board that's a bit longer than what's precisely rated for your weight will be fine too. People say only weight matters... or that 'your snowboard can't tell how tall you are'... that's rubbish. Both are important.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
At the risk of stating the obvious, the snowboard knows neither your weight nor your height. It only knows the forces you exert on it. I think stance width (defines where you push onto the board) and foot size (affects torque) are more important than height. Height will of course also affect the torque a bit, as well as how far you shift your weight back and forth, but not to the same extent as the two other factors.

Anyways, I'm sure this has all been discussed in excruciating detail numerous times before... :)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts