Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, I don't hate burton but I would like to know how many do. Thanks, and please keep it clean.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
Dude! You're new here and this topic has been (...and no doubt will continue to be,) DONE TO DEATH!!
This topic seems suspiciously close to an attempt at trolling!!!
You don't want to get labeled as a "Troll" around here, trust me!
(...although we have had a slow week r two of yoga pants posts! So maybe we're in need of an excuse!!!) ;) :laugh:

Backstop, waddaya got on hand for pants pics?!!! :D

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry

Apologies to everyone. Please do not label me as troll

·
Registered
12,608 Posts
Ugh go play in traffic and if you survive go into your bathroom and drink all the chemicals under the sink. If you survive that dress up as a deer during hunting season and run around in the woods.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Ah one of these threads cannot be complete without BurtonAvenger coming in and hurling insults last heard when I was in elementary school. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
There are noting to hate about burton they have good quality boards bit ouver priced ,but they were first who cares i dont like their tehnoligy like channel system and board by them self... im nitro/k2 fanboy

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Burton has some sick gear. Gloves, jackets, pants, goggles, under layers, BOOTS, bindings, boards, socks. Etc. I rock a ton of burton gear. I'm probably done riding they're boards. You never know tho.

P.S. no snowboarder should hate burton, burton has done so much for this sport. They put a ton of money into the sport and have been extremely loyal in my opinion.

·
It ain`t easy being steezy
286 Posts
Jake Burton is awesome, and they have good softgoods.

I don't really like burton though. Everything is overpriced, and I see no advantage of having the 3 hole pattern, or now the channel system, other than them trying to make you buy their bindings if you want their boards. I can't hate them for it, it's not a bad business decision, just don't like it since every other manufacturer sticks with the standard.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Jake Burton is awesome, and they have good softgoods.

I don't really like burton though. Everything is overpriced, and I see no advantage of having the 3 hole pattern, or now the channel system, other than them trying to make you buy their bindings if you want their boards. I can't hate them for it, it's not a bad business decision, just don't like it since every other manufacturer sticks with the standard.
Alot of binding company's are making they're bindings compatible with the burton channel setup. If the channel system is actually a better design I'd like to see burton share they're patent so other board company's could play with it. I think that'd be cool.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I have a Burton belt. It's ok. It keeps my pants up. Nobody's hating that.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I like burtons clothing. I have a hoodie and some shirts but I wouldnt buy one of their boards. Not really sure why, I have an irrational dislike for burton gear even though I've never ridden any. just never had the desire to buy any.

·
It ain`t easy being steezy
286 Posts
Alot of binding company's are making they're bindings compatible with the burton channel setup. If the channel system is actually a better design I'd like to see burton share they're patent so other board company's could play with it. I think that'd be cool.
I know they are, but it costs them a bit extra to do it and it's a minor pain in the ass. You can adjust binding angles and stance width a bit faster, but really, who cares? I just don't see any real advantage, and to me it just looks weaker than a standard 4 hole plate.

Edit: I actually bought my little sister a burton board when she wanted to learn snowboarding, but only because it was an awesome deal and a good fit for her. I'm not saying they don't make good equipment, I'm just not a fan and would never buy anything new from them.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I know they are, but it costs them a bit extra to do it and it's a minor pain in the ass. You can adjust binding angles and stance width a bit faster, but really, who cares?
I'm just curious if it changes how the board will flex or feels. I have not had the opportunity to test one out.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts