Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Cartel (X) are better.

More responsive. Feel equally smooth/"surfy" and equally comfy. Cheaper.

Only downside is they don't have double buckles...

Oh.. and Genesis are also better. Better response. Feel even smoother/"surfy". More comfortable and do have double buckles. But more expensive.

Sent from my Samsung using Tapatalk
Got all of those bindings. Have to disagree, Malavita's are my favourite.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yep. Cartel X put a big ol dent in the topsheet of my Dancehaul, and a buddy riding Malavitas broke his Dancehaul with a tail heavy landing. Crack was directly behind the rear binding.
::gulp::
Doesn’t sound good. I’ve got some 2020 Cartels (new, unused) and a new Dancehaul ready for my trip next month.
Reading about the reflex baseplate I’m tempted to stick with my old union contacts, eBay the cartels and look for something else.
Anyone want some M 2020 reflex Cartels? ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Had some, don't anymore
Had some Cartels, don't anymore
Had some Clutches, don't anymore
Had some Genesis, don't anymore

Have some DOD's, not getting rid of those
Have some Lien AT's, not getting rid of those
Have some Holograms, might keep those, really needs some toe straps/ladders/adjusters though. My gound down burton parts scare me.

I have legitimately seen the Reflex versions put holes in topsheets with that heel point. It is literally a board breaker. And has been for like 10 years. I DO NOT understand it. I basically refuse to sell Burton to anyone on an Arbor, DC, Jones, or anyone else using a wood topsheet. They will get damaged by that heel wingpoint.
Oh wow that sucks didnt know its so common fingers crossed doesn't happen to me...ok you changed my mind lol

·
Registered
10,076 Posts
Flows are better. :cool:
Flows are very underrated and really suffered from the mid 2000's vibe of being geared mostly for convenience. Once the M-Series stuff started dropping and then the NX2 series, shit got gooood.
I seriously thought this was a running joke around here, then found out some people actually like flows, I'll never understand lol
Guess not, but spend some time with them getting them set up right and broken in to your boot, and you'll get it.
Oh wow that sucks didnt know its so common fingers crossed doesn't happen to me...ok you changed my mind lol
I WIN

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
::gulp::
Doesn’t sound good. I’ve got some 2020 Cartels (new, unused) and a new Dancehaul ready for my trip next month.
Reading about the reflex baseplate I’m tempted to stick with my old union contacts, eBay the cartels and look for something else.
Anyone want some M 2020 reflex Cartels? ;)
I just brought it up to him, he said that's happened on his last 3 boards and he only rides cartels...I've ridden with him and he rips but shouldn't be that demanding on gear at 5'8 140ish. Never broken a board because of it but always has those dents.

Reactions: Triple8Sol

·
Registered
B Custom 162, Superpig 158, Alchemist 164W, Orca 159, Big Gun 165, Protoslinger 160
91 Posts
I’ve only ever used burton and union bindings. Looking to try some k2 and now bindings next season. I like the vita’s but don’t have much to compare them to. They did dent the top of my orca which sucks

·
Registered
Flow Fuse-GT, Burton Cartels, Nitro Team TLS, Weston Backwoods, Burton Supermodel, '03 Burton Custom
2,152 Posts
I seriously thought this was a running joke around here, then found out some people actually like flows, I'll never understand lol
Easy in and out and awesome response, especially heel side. I don't do park, but I would think they'd make a great park binding; cushy footbed and you can ride them a little looser than traditional bindings. When I was instructing and getting in & out of my bindings a million times a day, they were almost a necessity. If you go to a alpine carver forum, the NX series is super popular with the soft boot carver crowd.

The only downside to Flows are it takes a little longer to get them set up and I had some issues with my high back dial "undialing," but a little bit of electrical tape fixed that issue. If you don't like the electrical tape fix, then loctite would work too.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Easy in and out and awesome response, especially heel side. I don't do park, but I would think they'd make a great park binding; cushy footbed and you can ride them a little looser than traditional bindings. When I was instructing and getting in & out of my bindings a million times a day, they were almost a necessity. If you go to a alpine carver forum, the NX series is super popular with the soft boot carver crowd.

The only downside to Flows are it takes a little longer to get them set up and I had some issues with my high back dial "undialing," but a little bit of electrical tape fixed that issue. If you don't like the electrical tape fix, then loctite would work too.
I have Rome targa, malavitas, Rossi and flow nx2. Nx2 are my favorite by far. But yes, until they are dialed in they are a pita.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Now bindings are fantastic. A lightweight plastic binding with the response of metal.

They lack a bit of adjustability but meh.
Yep. Lot of response and SIMPLE. They're an "elaborate" concept (Skate Tech), but the part you interact with... is quite simple: pretty much mount and go. Smiliar with the Genesis highback and that springbed from Burton. They're a somewhat complex "concept" but... you dont have to deal with the complexity, dont have to understand it or explain it... just mount them and go.

Flux bindings are pretty simple too.

I've always been drawn to Katana and some Unions, but I can't get over how many nuts and bolts and moving pieces they have.

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
I used to be pro mala. Butbif you move to wider bords you start to want more response
Yeah this is where my lack of Yay around Malavitas comes from. All my boards are at least Mid wide, most are camber-y and mid stiff+ so i can definitely notice where they lack a bit. Not terrible, just that others are slightly more powerful.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
I stopped considering Burton Reflex when I learned about how the bindings crack/dent top sheets.

I would consider Burton EST on a Channel board, however.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts