Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, i own a pair of Burton Mission Medium Bindings and had both toe ramps broken.
i designes and 3d printed a replacement. if anyone interested i can share stl and iterations for free. here i show you pictures.
will update iterations and trials and errors in this thread.
are not adjustable but if they doesnt fit ok, probably will design them to do so.

and ideas to make this better? please take into account that i do not have the originals, not even broken, and cannot get good pictures of it on internet

Tableware Table Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper
Light Automotive tire Tire Hood Rim
Hood Automotive lighting Watch Bumper Automotive exterior
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Tire
Grey Rectangle Building Automotive lighting Electric blue

Attachments

· Registered
Amplid splitboard, Phantom Bindings, Atomic Blackland
9,008 Posts
wouldnt it be better with a thin plate that you stick some foam on for a ramp? like they do it on newer bindings?
^Yup perhaps some thin stiff aluminum. But I've just used hdp cutting boards are cheap and easily cut with regular tools....And since the binding already have some foam for shock absorption...but it's just under the hdp.

Recently posted this in another binding thread:
I would find some thinish, 1/4" hdp (high density plastic) cutting board. Make a cardboard pattern of the entire binding foot bed, then cut it out slightly bigger with some tabs and then wedge it in there. However, you might need to slightly lengthen your straps. The hdp will help to keep the snow and ice from forming. The tabs in the heel cup area will help keep it from falling out. I don't have a pic to show you but it took me about 30-45 minutes and used a band saw...but any coping or jig saw will work fine. Just be mindful of also cutting some space so that you can fold your high backs down. Actually did this to some friends burtons and she noted it worked great for the rest of the season. Have fun and post some pics of the chile shred.
wrath

· Registered
2 Posts
This is amazing and just what I was looking for. I don’t personally have a 3D printer but I know someone who does. What information would I need to give him to help me with creating this for my bindings? Please and thank you!!

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi, i own a pair of Burton Mission Medium Bindings and had both toe ramps broken. i designes and 3d printed a replacement. if anyone interested i can share stl and iterations for free. here i show you pictures. will update iterations and trials and errors in this thread. are not adjustable but if they doesnt fit ok, probably will design them to do so. and ideas to make this better? please take into account that i do not have the originals, not even broken, and cannot get good pictures of it on internet View attachment 163419 View attachment 163424 View attachment 163423 View attachment 163421 View attachment 163420
Where can I find the STLs for these? I did not see any in the forum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts