Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I will post some information and some questions to the following.

Information; Im 5'11'' 222 Lbs. size 12 boots, I ride about 50 to 80 days a seasson, use to be a high level surfer, but stuck in Vancouver, BC so I ride the mountain all trough the year... boards and bikes.

I currently ride a Burton Nug 150, it replaced a 158 W burton Joystick (which they dont make any more... I think the Trick Pony replaced it) I ride groomers, park, back country and trough the trees, it rides amazing, since I have gone smaller I just havent looked back. I can identify more with it coming from a surfing and skating background.

I find the suggested information that board manufacturers post on the boards are a guideline, but not necesarily something you can use to predict if your gonna like riding the board, so you can only find this out by comparing notes with fellow boarders or better yet trying the board it self.

Question:

This year I got 3 boards I want to add to my quiver... I want to try to go as small as possible so I will try a 146 Nug... I also want to get a super hero 151 W or 154W, but the guy in the shop said that 151 would be a bit to soft for me to ride based on my weight, but said the 146 Nug would be ok... if you look at the numbers on the sizing chart, the weight suggestion is the same for both those boards... so Im in doubt? any information on that subject would be helpful.

Last, There's not much information on the Burton Name Dropper and wondering what size to go on that one?

Any ways,

Thanks for any good feed back.

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
No 146 Nug. No. You are maxing out the downsize capability in the 150. On a normal board you should be hitting park on a 158-160. That puts you at least on the 150 and would better be a 52 if they made it. Don't get a Superhero. You have no need for it. The Name Dropper is virtually unridden. I don't know anyone that has been on it or really knows much past it's an asym.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with these new boards?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I agree with Nivek, I personally think you would have a more enjoyable ride if you stay around 50-52 on the nug. He has a very good question as well, what exactly are you trying to accomplish or gain buy going smaller?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, Im trying to go as small as possible, lighter, tighter trough trees, Im wondering if the 146 would do it... I guess what I really need is to know if anyone else with my dimetions has tried it or else I will have to.

Super Hereo... just want to see how a softer and wider board feels also...

and the Name dropper... sounds iteresting.

All I know that after I tried reverse camber I never wanted to go back to clasic camber, also once I down sized I never wanted to go back, its just much more fun and feels awesome, just curious, cause the numbers dont really mean anything, they are just guide lines.

In theory I shouldn't be able to even ride a 150 Nug, it's limit is up to 200 Lbs, but it rides me super well.

I guess Im waiting to see if someone else has tried it that is simillar to me...

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
, cause the numbers dont really mean anything, they are just guide lines.
Sure. But my advice is not.
For the riding you want to do the 146 is not built for you and the 150 bairly cuts it.

How many different boards have you ridden?

And you don't need a smaller board to be quicker in the trees. I'm probably quicker in the trees on my cambered 152 Signal Freedom Machine. 90% rider, 10% board.

If you wanna know so bad, demo a 146.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I guess if no one else with you're weight and board choice and size can shed light on your delima and if your not able to demo different sizes, the only thing left would be to try it out first hand. You will be able to ride a 146 but I think you find more cons then pros out of that purchase.

Good luck

·
Registered
756 Posts
222 lbs or is that a typo?

I'm a bit over 190 and I use a 154 Evo as my park board. I rip through tight trees on a 159 with no issues at all, why is the length such a big deal? :dunno:

Good luck on that 146 buddy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess what Im really asking is to see if theres anyone with my simmilar dimentions that has ridden a nug 146 and Id like to know what they think?

No need for any kind of negative tones or any other kind of feed back except for what I asked for,

thanks

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Radzkies, ignore the advice of those that know more than you. Enjoy life ignorant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.