Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I had the chance to demoed both back to back. Here are my impression on both.
We had the chance to have Universe boardshop from Repentigny Québec at our local ski station last Saturday.

Condition were very cold, firm base but well groomed.

5'7" at 155 pounds with size 10 Burton Swath.
Both board were with Burton Genesis bindings.

Burton One hitter 152 is the first I've took down. Feel light under feet. This board can be taken down either smoothly or aggressively, on both way it's great to ride. It is a stiff board but a ok stiff which I liked. It charge fast and stable at high speed. Turning with it wide nose make the OH hold track so well it's fantastic. The board feel like an extension of your body, without giving bad surprise and make it predictable. But I had the feeling that some time may be required to master it fully. It got a good pop for ollies too. Too bad I couldn't try it with fresh powder because it must truly shine. It make a interesting board considering the tag price of it.

Burton Skeleton key 154 was taken right after the OH.
Both have some similarities in specs or close to each other but you need to test both to see that they can be review differently.
The board feel light too under the feet like the OH. Riding it smooth and/or aggressively, it respond pretty well. It is a little less stiff than the OH and it make it more playful on the other hand. Somehow, maybe because of this, the board felt more easy to ride, get used to it. It got a good pop regarding the stiffness. It can charge fast too, it hold a turn well too. Stable board at high speed too.
It is easier to press than the OH. The board make you at ease and feel confident really fast after few turns compared to the OH.

Between the two boards, same tag price, not saying the choice is easy but the Skeleton key make, IMO, a more versatile board and daily board than the OH. Can the OH be a one and only board, yes sure, but I believe for that, the SK make it a little bit more logical. I had more fun riding down the SK than the OH on the groomer.

The SK and OH, either side you take them to compare, both have the little something the other have or lack which can make you like one more than the other, but that may be regarding the conditions too. They are both great to ride, but if I had to buy one, it would be the SK.

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So after a summer sale at Burton, seeing that the Skeleton key was already sold out since a while, I ended up buying the One Hitter with a pair of Cartel.

Like I wrote in my review, the OH left me the impression to master it fully might take time. So I'm saying to myself, after 25 years of snowboarding, I'm up to go along with a board that might help to push it a little more for the next years. Considering this, the OH might be a great choice after all.

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
Nice one! I DO love this style of Burton board. I sold both my SK and Deep Thinker (it made sense at the time), but now part of me regrets it. They'd damn fine boards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts