Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there,
I slowly start to get my stuff together for the upcoming season - which is hopefully happening:rolleyes: - since there are pretty good deals out there online rigth now before all the new stuff hits the stores. I could use some new pants and was looking into Burton ak ones because I´m pretty happy with my ak swash jacket - had it for 3 seasons now and it holds up really good.

I´m pretty confused by their sizing charts though: are the legs aka inseam length really the same length in all sizes as Burton´s chart says? So the size difference would only be the widht and the height of the "crotch-part" of the pants. Or is this a typo?

I´m always in between sizes since I have kind of a weard body type😄 I have short legs and a long upper body but I´m rather wide for my size (I´m about 173 lbs and 5´8").
I never tried a size M pant which would provide me the freedom I espect from a snowboard pant (in the crotch and thigh area when kneeling) even though the lenght of the M sizes is usually pretty good for me and the L is too long
I currently have a Quicksilver 2L pant in a size L. It´s a little too baggy and of course too long for me but its rather comy just too long.

Any advice from ak pants owners? I was looking into bibs as well - are they maybe are a little bit wider in the waist area allowing me to go with a size M?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im 5'11" 6 feet, 165 lbs and got medium Burton cargo pants. I still have to wear a belt with them. But when I layer with sweats they fit good. I think medium would be good since there length is the same its all on width. You have about 10ish pounds on me and that might the difference between mine being slightly loose and you fitting in them good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
All my AK jackets & pants (including bibs) are Size Large and I am 5’8” (172 cm) and 205 lbs (93 kg) with a stocky build, and long & big legs.

I know you were looking at clearance prices, but this might be worth a look.

Burton now has short/tall sizes available for their pants and The House has early release:
Burton AK Cyclic Gore-Tex Short Snowboard Pants

I would think that more colors will be available as we get closer to winter here in the Northern Hemisphere.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
The primary thing you need to look at is waist with pants. Burton sizes are pretty standard. I'm 191cm/95kg ie tall/thin to medium build and run at 34" waist ride Large pants and XL jacket. The XL [ak] Cyclic and Helitack I have are a perfect fit in body and the arms are a good length and sit nicely over my gloves.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
All my AK jackets & pants (including bibs) are Size Large and I am 5’8” (172 cm) and 205 lbs (93 kg) with a stocky build, and long & big legs.

I know you were looking at clearance prices, but this might be worth a look.

Burton now has short/tall sizes available for their pants and The House has early release:
Burton AK Cyclic Gore-Tex Short Snowboard Pants

I would think that more colors will be available as we get closer to winter here in the Northern Hemisphere.
Thx for that link! That would be awesome and definately worth paying the full price for - well if they also sell it over here in europe, I have never seen sth like that...did Burton just add these for this season?
The description is weard though, it says: "short garment with a longer inseam" wouldn't a longer inseam mean that it's a pant with even longer legs?🙄 😅

A pant with the waist width of a size L and the leglength of an M would most likely be perfect for me. This would be awesome! Finally a pant that fits😅👍

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The primary thing you need to look at is waist with pants. Burton sizes are pretty standard. I'm 191cm/95kg ie tall/thin to medium build and run at 34" waist ride Large pants and XL jacket. The XL [ak] Cyclic and Helitack I have are a perfect fit in body and the arms are a good length and sit nicely over my gloves.
Well that's exactly the problem; If I size appropriatly to my waist/hips, I have to get a large (well at least in the ones I tried). Nothing wrong with a little baggy fit - I actually prefer the look to slimmer fitting pants - but the fit isn't that great (kneepart is too low) and with my short legs this results in way too long pantlegs.
That's why Burton's sizing chart gave me some hope because they have the same inseam measurement and therefore length listed at all the sizes. If you with your height can fit an L though, they most likely will be way too long for me...😢 If the leglength really is the same for all sizes this wouöd be really stupid:LOL: Although I have this problem with other brands who vary their lenghts as well so I guess Burton just took the average length of like a size L...

Of course this is not that big of a deal with snowboard pants but it would be nice to get a more accurate fit... or at least the right legth so I don't walk all over the pants all the time😅

1 - 6 of 6 Posts