Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of 2011 Burton Prophecy bindings. They fit my boot well, adjustable, the right stiffness and adjustability for me.

What I dont like is that if I put them tight enough to hold my boot and foot in well, they end up making my foot go to sleep, lack of circulation.

The have this ankle strap:

It's different than all other bindings, including burton bindings, before and since. I'm betting I can spend $10 on new straps and make the problem go away...

Any experience with these? Recommendations for other straps?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Those are one of the more narrow ankle straps that burton offered. You could try moving them up or down to see if that helps, otherwise the burton diode/genesis ankle straps are amazing... you can find them on ebay or by calling rider services.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have the same bindings in the same color and have the same issue. I would like to get a new ankle strap but can't find one that would look very good. Let me know what you find.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the 2012 prophecy and the ankle straps have softened up quite a bit. So at this point, they are probably not that much better than the 2011.

I have some outstanding 3D molded straps from Rossignol HC Works bindings (extremely stiff Jeremy Jones limited edition) that have held up for 300 days or so, but aren't available anymore.

So if you find something nice, please post...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts